DOKKEN:

Rhino Records will release the new DOKKEN studio album, "Lightning Strikes Again", in the U.S. on May 13. Audio samples of all 12 tracks that appear on the CD are available at this location.

In addition to the regular European version of "Lightning Strikes Again", Frontiers Records released a special limited edition of the CD on April 11 in a glossy slipcase. The limited-edition version includes an exclusive bonus track for Europe, entitled "Sunset Superstar".

"Lightning Strikes Again" is DOKKEN's tenth studio album and it "marks a true and definite return" to the band's classic sound, according to a press release. 'We have been more focused on this project than any we've done in years," says Don Dokken. "Yes, it has taken a long time but in the end the fans will have a DOKKEN CD that is as good as any we did in the '80s. Our goal is to deliver a CD that will shake up the rock world... and so far everyone says it is the best DOKKEN CD since '86. It's time that a band from our era did something special and prove that our brand of music is still valid. And I think we're close. If it does not have success, it won't be because we didn't give it a thousand percent effort."

"Lightning Strikes Again" was mixed by Wyn Davis (DIO, GREAT WHITE) and it features the following track listing:

01. Standing On The Outside

02. Give Me A Reason

03. Heart To Stone

04. Disease

05. How I Miss Your Smile

06. Oasis

07. Point Of No Return

08. I Remember

09. Judgment Day

10. It Means

11. Release Me

12. This Fire

DOKKEN will perform live on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline", hosted by Bob Coburn, on Wednesday, June 11 at 11:30 p.m. EST/8:30 p.m. PST. Fans can talk live with DOKKEN by calling 800-344-ROCK (7625). To find a station near you or to listen to the show live via the Internet, go to www.rocklineradio.com.

DOKKEN's current lineup is as follows:

Don Dokken (vocals)

Mick Brown (drums)

Jon Levin (guitar)

Barry Sparks (bass)

LOL, I was a major Dokken fan back in the 80's.. I do pick out the old records from time to time and listen to them, but I haven't got enough interest in this kind of music today to look up a new album with them.

DOKKEN's current lineup is as follows:

Don Dokken (vocals)

Mick Brown (drums)

Jon Levin (guitar)

Barry Sparks (bass)

Thank you for posting this! Nice to see that there are still fans of this band out there.

I was a fan in their heyday, but I have to be honest. Since George Lynch left the band (only to come back in a couple of occasions) Dokken's sound hasn't been the same. I kept listening to them but then when also Pilson left, then I let it go. With George they lost a major musician and a key player for their sound. Shame,

Still I listen to their old tracks and enjoy it.

Check out George's amazing guitar solo on the Lightning Strikes Again Live in Philadelphia '87.

He' a hurricane..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FqwfZOhcSY

• 6 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Classic Lineup Of Dokken Announces Only U.S. Reunion Show

The Classic lineup of Dokken will play its only U.S. reunion show on September 30 at Badlands Pawn Guns Gold And Rock 'N' Roll in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The concert will be a warm-up gig for the band's six-show Japanese run dubbed "Unleashed In The East".

Singer Don Dokken, guitarist George Lynch, bassist Jeff Pilson and drummer "Wild" Mick Brown will launch the Japanese tour on October 5 in Osaka, before heading to Fukuoka, Tokyo for an appearance at the Loud Park festival and continuing on to Hiroshima, Aichi and finally, back to Tokyo for the final show on October 12.

Tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime event, as well as VIP-package experiences, will be on sale beginning August 27. This will be the one and only opportunity for fans to see the classic lineup play its iconic hits.

"Unleashed In The East" tour dates:

Oct. 05 - Osaka, Japan - Namba Hatch

Oct. 06 - Fukuoka, Japan - Fukuoka Civic Hall

Oct. 08 - Tokyo, Japan - Loud Park

Oct. 10 - Hiroshima,  Japan - Blue Live

Oct. 11 - Aichi, Japan - Zepp Nagoya

Oct. 12 - Tokyo, Japan - Zepp Divercity

Don Dokken recently spoke to "The Classic Metal Show" about how the long-rumored Dokken reunion finally came to fruition. He said: "Years and years ago, I made a comment offhandedly, like, "You wanna do a reunion tour? I'll do it for this amount of money. "It was like a one and a lot of zeros. And that was my price, and everybody said, "You're crazy." And I said, "Well, that's my price, and I'm not gonna do it [for anything less]." And now, fifteen years later, somebody came up with that priice. So I approached George and Jeff, and I said, "You guys wanna make a shitload of money for about one week of work?" And I told them the price, and I told them how much I wanted and how much they'd make, and, basically, they could make more money in one week than they'd probably make in several years. And so everybody said, "Okay." So I said, "Well, I'll do it on the condition that I don't wanna do it in America or Europe or anywhere else. Just six shows in Japan." 'Cause we were very big in Japan, and it's just a...It's a reunion tour. So they agreed.'

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/classic-lineup-of-dokken-announces-only-us-reunion-show/

dokkenbadlandssept2016_638.jpg

A pawn, guns, gold and rock n roll show at Badlands?  Too funny!  I saw them once in 1988 at the Monsters of Rock show.  They had the un-enviable task of following Metallica who were beginning their ...And Justice For All support dates.  

So a week in Japan and that's it.  Don't bet on it.  IF the demand is there, they'll be back here in the states.  

George Lynch was a shredder, that's for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

George Lynch Cancels Appearance With Dokken At M3 Rock Festival:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george-lynch-cancels-appearance-with-dokken-at-m3-rock-festival/

georgelynchdokkenreturndec2018_638.jpg.e4c6c4532a178720221f5b9916d8617d.jpg

Dokken Performs Without Drummer Mick Brown At M3 Rock Festival:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dokken-performs-without-drummer-mick-brown-at-m3-rock-festival-video/

dokkenm3_2019_638.jpg.a93b8b72f3f9562e75e8a749e8610042.jpg

Dokken Drummer Mick Brown Is 'Taking A Break' From Playing Live Shows:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dokken-drummer-mick-brown-is-taking-a-break-from-playing-live-shows/

mickbrowndokkensolomay2019_638.jpg.0f118051d4c8852d94b6b6ec3fc5a4a9.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
29 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I can't believe they're gonna put a guy with dead hands on tour. How bad does this guy need the cash?

Gotta pay those quack bills, apparently! Insane.  Can sing but can’t hold the mic - that’s rock n roll!! 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...