jimmy aand jimena

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the benefit of those who have no idea why Knebby says that: Not only did I not scan that picture, I never claimed to have scanned it, and I have never even posted it.

Interesting that you should want people to think otherwise, Knebby.

I don't Otto - I made that joke comment because in the past you have chastised me for mentoning when someone re-posts one of my scans.

Just a little humour, wasn't meant to offend you - but I do like those old roll eyes. :D

That photo was quite possibly taken at the Limelight Club in London in Summer 1986

where Jimmy, Robert, Phil Carson, Patrica Ecker and Maureen's sister Shirley reportedly conversed in what I was told is the "VIP Library" (euphemism for a private room?).

Perhaps someone more familiar with the Limelight can confirm this by the background.

Nice story Steve but that isn't Patricia on the pic and it isn't 1986, so your idea is pretty doubtful.

I'm not quite sure why you would look at that pic and come up with that scenario anyway - I can't see anything about it to make it fit to what you said. :huh:

I don't Otto - I made that joke comment because in the past you have chastised me for mentoning when someone re-posts one of my scans.

Just a little humour, wasn't meant to offend you - but I do like those old roll eyes. :D

I thought the the roll eyes were only fitting for at least two reasons, one of them being your fondness for them.

I can't accept that. What if I hadn't seen this? How would people understand that bracketed comment? They would think I had falsely claimed the scan as my own somewhere. Obviously. Nearly all of the exchange you have in mind was private, so people on here won't get the 'joke'. The one bit that I ever posted I have long since altered, told you that I did, explained why it happened and apologized for what you found offensive - all in private, of course. Now it seems that isn't enough. B)

Have you perhaps been scattering 'jokes' like this one around the forums? Hmmmm.

Anyway, I've never minded much when you keep telling people that you scanned this or that. But when you've scolded people for reposting something and they obviously have no idea who made the scan I thought that was unnecessary negativity. Once you post a picture on the internet, it will travel around, and not be credited to you in most cases. That's just how it works. People may not even be getting your scan from a post you made, but from a German LZ site, somebody's MySpace, or somebody's photobucket collection, etc. And, think about it: even if you have a picture in your avatar, people will not necessarily note it especially, let alone think you must have scanned it.

I thought the the roll eyes were only fitting for at least two reasons, one of them being your fondness for them.

I can't accept that. What if I hadn't seen this? How would people understand that bracketed comment? They would think I had falsely claimed the scan as my own somewhere. Obviously. Nearly all of the exchange you have in mind was private, so people on here won't get the 'joke'. The one bit that I ever posted I have long since altered, told you that I did, explained why it happened and apologized for what you found offensive - all in private, of course. Now it seems that isn't enough. B)

Have you perhaps been scattering 'jokes' like this one around the forums? Hmmmm.

Anyway, I've never minded much when you keep telling people that you scanned this or that. But when you've scolded people for reposting something and they obviously have no idea who made the scan I thought that was unnecessary negativity. Once you post a picture on the internet, it will travel around, and not be credited to you in most cases. That's just how it works. People may not even be getting your scan from a post you made, but from a German LZ site, somebody's MySpace, or somebody's photobucket collection, etc. And, think about it: even if you have a picture in your avatar, people will not necessarily note it especially, let alone think you must have scanned it.

:huh: I've never "scolded " anyone.

Otto, it was just a joke - a singular one, not part of a selection scattered around here. Clearly you didn't find it funny and I'm genuinely sorry about that, so lets move on or take it to PM.

Jimmy & Charlotte? Is it really her?

Because I had seen that pic in the 60's fashion models site, I'm sure it's Charlotte.

But the impression of her in this pic was seen much different from her young days ,and I was a little confused .

I mistook Patricia for Charlotte before. The following pics are so.

Especially when they wore sunglasses, I was not discernible.

Both of them were blonde and long hair.

Actually though it is guessed that Charlotte is considerably taller than Patricia.

I guess that Jimmy loved blonde woman when he was young. B)

Because his yearning actress was French beauty Brigitte Bardot.

Jimmy&Charlotte (1979)

86228_large.jpg

Jimmy&Patricia(1985)

168177_large.jpg

Nice story Steve but that isn't Patricia on the pic and it isn't 1986, so your idea is pretty doubtful.

I'm not quite sure why you would look at that pic and come up with that scenario anyway - I can't see anything about it to make it fit to what you said. :huh:

That story ran with that pic in the press but the more I think about it, Jimmy seems to be wearing the same black leather jacket he wore to Fulham Town Hall June 24 1985

for the Willie and the Poor Boys 'These Arms of Mine' video shoot so I would agree it's a

circa '84-85' shot, if in fact that is your position.

That story ran with that pic in the press but the more I think about it, Jimmy seems to be wearing the same black leather jacket he wore to Fulham Town Hall June 24 1985

for the Willie and the Poor Boys 'These Arms of Mine' video shoot so I would agree it's a

circa '84-85' shot, if in fact that is your position.

I was thinking around '83-'84, but same difference. :)

Judging simply from how Jimmy looks in the picture I'm certain it's taken in 1983 or early 1984 (for that matter it could be late 1982). He put on a little weight in the ensuing period and his hair had turned very noticeably gray by 1985-86. B)

One thing about clothes: he has sometimes worn things for years, so seeing him wear something in a photo won't give you but a very rough approximation of the time it was taken.

Judging simply from how Jimmy looks in the picture I'm certain it's taken in 1983 or early 1984 (for that matter it could be late 1982). He put on a little weight in the ensuing period and his hair had turned very noticeably gray by 1985-86. B)

Anyone how about The Old Rangoon in Barnes on December 13th 1983? He'd jammed with Robert at the Hammersmith Apollo and they both attended the after show party.

The only clue aside from the clothes and hair is the background (the wall).

Oh please.... :P

If he was just some average bum running the fish and chip shop down the road, you wouldn't even look twice at him!

You'd be surprised who the average bum running the local fish & chip shop down the road can get..... B)

Anyone how about The Old Rangoon in Barnes on December 13th 1983? He'd jammed with Robert at the Hammersmith Apollo and they both attended the after show party.

Jimmy attended Robert's show with Phil Carlo , he didn't have a female companion, so unless she only turned up for the aftershow ( unlikely) I'd guess not.

You know, I'm sure Jimmy attended many social functions in that era that you don't have recorded in your archives. There is such a wide range of tmes that this pic could have been taken, the speculation seems a bit.......well, odd, if you don't mind me saying.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that gig was at the Hammersmith Odeon.

But when you've scolded people for reposting something and they obviously have no idea who made the scan. Once you post a picture on the internet, it will travel around, and not be credited to you in most cases. That's just how it works. People may not even be getting your scan from a post you made, but from a German LZ site, somebody's MySpace, or somebody's photobucket collection, etc..

Thanks for the support Otto. :kiss: I couldn't have said it better.

I don't even remember where I found this scan. As you said, it might have been on another Lz site, photobucket, or elsewhere.

Knebby: If it was yours, I am sorry but I wasn't aware as there was no credit to it.

Because I had seen that pic in the 60's fashion models site, I'm sure it's Charlotte.

But the impression of her in this pic was seen much different from her young days ,and I was a little confused .

Because his yearning actress was French beauty Brigitte Bardot.

I thought it could have been her (Charlotte).

And yes, Jimmy definitely had good taste if he adored B.B. ;)

Thanks for the support Otto. :kiss: I couldn't have said it better.

I don't even remember where I found this scan. As you said, it might have been on another Lz site, photobucket, or elsewhere.

Knebby: If it was yours, I am sorry but I wasn't aware as there was no credit to it.

Amazonic - you totally misunderstand me - and I'm not sure how as all I said was "That's my scan from an article about Jimmy's divorce from Patricia".

I'm not the slightest bit peeved that it was my scan nor was I scolding you at all. It was relevant to mention that it was my scan because I could then explain what article it was posted with and what they said underneath it - that's all.

It is not a problem to me AT ALL that you re-posted something I scanned in.

Amazonic - you totally misunderstand me. I'm not the slightest bit peeved that it was my scan nor was I scolding you. It was relevant to mention that it was my scan because I could then explain what article it was posted with and what they said underneath it - that's all.

:) No worries, Knebby.

Sometimes a post is only a post. And some comments can be quite often easily misunderstood.

I posted many pics of mine a long time ago now and I later saw them on different sites with the Manic Nirvana site watermark. So you never really know when they originated or from who they originated unless its a professional photographer.

There have been quite a lot of people who have put their personal Zep pics up without being precious about them, all in the spirit of sharing and a simple thank you goes a long way.

Knebby is one of those people B):rolleyes:

I posted many pics of mine a long time ago now and I later saw them on different sites with the Manic Nirvana site watermark. So you never really know when they originated or from who they originated unless its a professional photographer.

There have been quite a lot of people who have put their personal Zep pics up without being precious about them, all in the spirit of sharing and a simple thank you goes a long way.

Knebby is one of those people B):rolleyes:

Yeah. It's funny though, I don't think any of us have posted many new scans on these new forums. I know I haven't. Guess it's time to get started again - love to get a few thank-you's once in a while. :D

Yeah. It's funny though, I don't think any of us have posted many new scans on these new forums. I know I haven't. Guess it's time to get started again - love to get a few thank-you's once in a while. :D

True Otto, I haven't posted as many pics as I did on EM. I have a bucket load of Priory and Strange Sensations pics I posted back then. Haven't done many scans, Ihave a lot of stuff from the 70's UK newpsapers but never got round to scanning them, some a bit worse for wear i guess now.

Steve, Knebby is right about the concert venue, but anyway your guess made me curious so I checked it out a little, searching the internet. That place was only called The Old Rangoon for a short while, and is now called The Castlenau (there have been many name changes through the years). But I found a blog site where somebody posted a couple of pictures from inside The Old Rangoon in November 1983, and it looks quite different, it seems.

Link to blog

True Otto, I haven't posted as many pics as I did on EM. I have a bucket load of Priory and Strange Sensations pics I posted back then. Haven't done many scans, Ihave a lot of stuff from the 70's UK newpsapers but never got round to scanning them, some a bit worse for wear i guess now.

Oh, you really should scan some of that stuff, Paul. I know many of us would love to see that. Knebby posted quite a few newspaper items from her collection on the old site, mostly from the 1980's if memory serves. Those things are fun. I have lost the clippings I had from the Icelandic newspapers from the late 1970's - a damn shame. There was quite extensive coverage of Knebworth, for example, and many pictures.

Oh, you really should scan some of that stuff, Paul. I know many of us would love to see that. Knebby posted quite a few newspaper items from her collection on the old site, mostly from the 1980's if memory serves. Those things are fun. I have lost the clippings I had from the Icelandic newspapers from the late 1970's - a damn shame. There was quite extensive coverage of Knebworth, for example, and many pictures.

Iceland eh

img618.jpg

Jimmy attended Robert's show with Phil Carlo , he didn't have a female companion, so unless she only turned up for the aftershow ( unlikely) I'd guess not.

You know, I'm sure Jimmy attended many social functions in that era that you don't have recorded in your archives. There is such a wide range of tmes that this pic could have been taken, the speculation seems a bit.......well, odd, if you don't mind me saying.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that gig was at the Hammersmith Odeon.

I've simply taken it upon myself to chronicle as many as possible and that particular photo really perplexes me (and many others!). All I can do at this point is speculate on what I already know to be true.

Many thanks for further insight into the Hammersmith Odeon jam (and apologies for the "Apollo" error...it has been corrected).

Archived