What picks did JP and JPJ use?

LedZep1969

I've never met a guitarist that used just one type of pick for everything. It doesn't work, some picks don't feel right or sound good with different types of guitars and string gauges. Different types, hardness and thickness, of picks also have an affect on attack and tone. Then you have the finger pick thing, he used a bunch I'm sure.

I've never met a guitarist that used just one type of pick for everything. It doesn't work, some picks don't feel right or sound good with different types of guitars and string gauges. Different types, hardness and thickness, of picks also have an affect on attack and tone. Then you have the finger pick thing, he used a bunch I'm sure.

agreed ive used like 10 different picks all sound the same the only difference i believe is size

He used a pic about half the time. he switched back and forth whenever he wanted.

He also used one for "The Song Remains the Same" and "Achilles Last Stand" among many other songs. But yes, JPJ definitely switched it up. Some songs he did fingers-only, others he used the pick with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jonesy? Use picks? I doubt it. Maybe a bit from time to time, but you can't be a world bass player using a pick, imo.

Recorded bass parts played with a pick:

Whole Lotta Love

Heartbreaker

Immigrant Song

Out on the Tiles

Black Dog

The Song remains the same

Houses of the Holy

Most of Presence including ALS and Nobody's Fault but Mine

And these are just the ones he's admitted to.

Archived