Message in Stairway to Heaven song

BonzoLikeDrumer

fair enough, lol B)

So what I was going to say was that when I was around 13, I got into LZ and read everything I could find on them. Of course the whole Stairway backwards thing came up, so I was curious. I really was hoping it wasn't true so I set about trying to find a way to play it backwards (this was pre-CD and I didn't have a turntable...just cassettes). Anyway, I found that by taking apart the cassette and jury-rigging the spools, I could play the topside of the tape, and hence, it played backwards. It didn't take long to find the section where he seemed to be saying "Here's to my sweet Satan". It wasn't super clear but having the phrase in my head already it wasn't hard to find. Anyway, I was less than thrilled for finding it and tried to figure out why it was there...yes I had too much time on my hands.

So I tried a little experiment...I recorded myself saying and singing the incriminating passages from the song, flipping the tape over, and listening to myself backwards. The result was pretty conclusive in my mind then (and still is). The parts I sang (in my best Plant impersonation, of course) sounded like "Here's to my sweet Satan"...I should say it sounded exactly like what Stairway sounded like. When I said the words, it didn't sound like anything. Hence, no backward masking or nonsense like that was used to put those words on there...the lyrics sang in a very specific way and then played backwards was the only time it sounded like "Here's to my sweet Satan". And I say "sounded like" because if I didn't know what to look for, I probably wouldn't have found it.

So there are only two possible explanations for this: 1) it is pure coincidence, or 2) Plant had some supernatural knowledge to know these sounds would be made. Since I don't believe in ghosts, the supernatural, black magic or any other bullshit like that, the first explanation is the only possible one as far as I'm concerned. It was pure coincidence.

Anyway, that's my nerdy 2 cents on the topic....hopefully I'm not just repeating previous info.

On the contrary, I tried the same with a 4 track cassette deck on which I could replay what I sang backward.

Oh, by the way.....welcome to the board, always great to see a new member here!

On the contrary, I tried the same with a 4 track cassette deck on which I could replay what I sang backward.

Oh, by the way.....welcome to the board, always great to see a new member here!

Eye thank yew! :)

Btw, did you come to the same conclusion with your recording?

Really, I don't think its true. What I think is that its a kind of mind trick. People usually post the videos with lyrics and when you read them, it kinda forms to the word, but when you stop looking at the lyrics, it makes no sense at all. I guess its all in the head. Plus those people are ridiculous for making it seem that such a beautiful song is satanic <_< .

Really, I don't think its true. What I think is that its a kind of mind trick. People usually post the videos with lyrics and when you read them, it kinda forms to the word, but when you stop looking at the lyrics, it makes no sense at all. I guess its all in the head. Plus those people are ridiculous for making it seem that such a beautiful song is satanic <_< .

As I said, it only sounds like he's saying that.

:slapface:

I just found a backward version of Robert's Darkness, Darkness. Geez you can really find everything on youtube these days.

And what a surprise it's something about evil again. :rolleyes:

Archived