Jason on "I can't Quit You Babe"

BonzoLikeDrumer

Jason played on a track during the soundcheck for Knebworth 1979. He was about 12 ( I'm sure Miss HD can corroborate precisely). It wasn't "I Can't Quit You" - but he did sing the first line of that at the O2 in 2007.

Jason played on a track during the soundcheck for Knebworth 1979. He was about 12 ( I'm sure Miss HD can corroborate precisely). It wasn't "I Can't Quit You" - but he did sing the first line of that at the O2 in 2007.

The bit from the 02 sounded great! :D

Jason played Trampled Underfoot during the soundcheck at Knebworth. It was pre-arranged between John and Jason that he would take the stool for that song. He was 13 at the time :D

Jason played Trampled Underfoot during the soundcheck at Knebworth. It was pre-arranged between John and Jason that he would take the stool for that song. He was 13 at the time :D

Is there a recording of this out there? Would love to hear it.

It did, I'd like to hear him sing more.

Me too.

Oh to have seen that in person....

Is there a recording of this out there? Would love to hear it.

Not to my knowledge, Wolfman.

Nine and Aqua: I have always championed Jason as a singer (as you may have noticed ;) ). My YouTube vid of him singing TBOE with Deborah has now notched up over 8,400 hits and many have commented on Jason's great voice (and Deb's too!)

C'mon J, more singing please :D

Not to my knowledge, Wolfman.

Nine and Aqua: I have always championed Jason as a singer (as you may have noticed ;) ). My YouTube vid of him singing TBOE with Deborah has now notched up over 8,400 hits and many have commented on Jason's great voice (and Deb's too!)

C'mon J, more singing please :D

That video you posted is great! I'd be very interested in hearing him sing for an entire set :D

I get all choked up every time I hear them do that song together. Well, it seemed everybody in the studio was all choked up! Seems like there's a lot of interest out there for Jason to sing either on his own or with Debbie--hint hint, Jason. ;)

Archived