PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD

BIGDAN

Hi All,

I had the honor and privilage to watch last nights "PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD" programme on BBC 4, you can watch it again on BBCi player, but only if you live in Britain, so for any Peter Green fans that cant view it i thought i would write this review for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k9...n_of_the_World/

http://www.fmlegacy.com/Bios/biopeter.html

The programme looks at Peter through the people that he worked with, his family and himself. From early beginnings learning guitar from his older brother Michael, his early work as a guitarist and replacement for Eric Clapton in John Mayalls Bluesbreakers, then Fleetwood Mac, Solo projects, his mental trouble through drug abuse and now his return to music, thankfully.

BB King, the great American Bluesman once said of Peter, "He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats." an amazing tribute from one of the really Great Blues Guitarists of all time.

The programme goes on to show Peter playing many of his greatest songs, from "Black Magic Woman", "Man of The World", "Alabatros", "Oh Well Part 1 and 2", "The Green Manalishiand" and many others. And he even out sold the Beatles and the Rolling Stones during his Fleetwood Mac years, now thats something.

I had a great hour and a half of watching Peter Greens life and i was pleasantly suprised and pleased to now have an insight in to the Best British Blues Guitarist of his generation, believe me its well worth watching.

I hope you all enjoy this, if you can get to see it, Regards, Danny

Hi All,

I had the honor and privilage to watch last nights "PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD" programme on BBC 4, you can watch it again on BBCi player, but only if you live in Britain, so for any Peter Green fans that cant view it i thought i would write this review for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k9...n_of_the_World/

http://www.fmlegacy.com/Bios/biopeter.html

The programme looks at Peter through the people that he worked with, his family and himself. From early beginnings learning guitar from his older brother Michael, his early work as a guitarist and replacement for Eric Clapton in John Mayalls Bluesbreakers, then Fleetwood Mac, Solo projects, his mental trouble through drug abuse and now his return to music, thankfully.

BB King, the great American Bluesman once said of Peter, "He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats." an amazing tribute from one of the really Great Blues Guitarists of all time.

The programme goes on to show Peter playing many of his greatest songs, from "Black Magic Woman", "Man of The World", "Alabatros", "Oh Well Part 1 and 2", "The Green Manalishiand" and many others. And he even out sold the Beatles and the Rolling Stones during his Fleetwood Mac years, now thats something.

I had a great hour and a half of watching Peter Greens life and i was pleasantly suprised and pleased to now have an insight in to the Best British Blues Guitarist of his generation, believe me its well worth watching.

I hope you all enjoy this, if you can get to see it, Regards, Danny

How's it going 'BIGDAN?" Its now going to be 1 A.M. and I'm pretty drunk as usual. I've been bar hopping all over San Antonio with some friends and decided to stop off at one of my favorite bars. I'm using my friend's (Bar owner) computer and I really enjoy showing my friends as well as perfect strangers the LED ZEPPELIN Forum. By the way, everyone here at Bicycle Club says hello! I really enjoyed reading your thread Danny, I'm really looking forward to seeing this documentary in its entirety real soon. ROCK ON!

Oh Well

There's a guy playing the drums who looks like Charlie Watts at 2:07.

How's it going "eternal light?" You're right, the color clip in the middle of FLEETWOOD MAC black and white video is THE ROLLING STONES! That is Charlie Watts! I thought that I was hallucinating there for a moment. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Swede?" What did you think of the Documentary? ROCK ON!

It was really interesting and a very sad story. I am happy he recorded as much as he did while he was still healthy. But one can't help but think of what could've been. Great interviews with all involved.

It was really interesting and a very sad story. I am happy he recorded as much as he did while he was still healthy. But one can't help but think of what could've been. Great interviews with all involved.

How's it going "Swede?" Thanks for the quick review. "BIGDAN" did a great job in giving his opinions and reviews of the Documentary. I definitely have to see this Documentary for myself, I can't wait to see it. ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "Swede?" Thanks for the quick review. "BIGDAN" did a great job in giving his opinions and reviews of the Documentary. I definitely have to see this Documentary for myself, I can't wait to see it. ROCK ON my friend!

Nice of you to say so ZFF,

You have revitalized my interest in Peter Green and i'm now on a Quest to research him somemore. Did you know that he lived along Old Bethnal Green Road as a child, i know the place very well and i will soon be revisiting his former home and placing some photos of it on here for your enjoyment. Thanks again for getting me started, speak soon, oh and by the way you have a PM from me.

Kind Regards, Danny

Nice of you to say so ZFF,

You have revitalized my interest in Peter Green and i'm now on a Quest to research him somemore. Did you know that he lived along Old Bethnal Green Road as a child, i know the place very well and i will soon be revisiting his former home and placing some photos of it on here for your enjoyment. Thanks again for getting me started, speak soon, oh and by the way you have a PM from me.

Kind Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? As a matter of fact, I did know that PETER GREEN lived on Bethnal Green Road. It makes me feel great that I can contribute in helping you revitalize your extreme interest in PETER GREEN. Have you heard Part's 1, 2 and 3 CD's on FLEETWOOD MAC'S ass-kicking blistering live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY on 5, 6 and 7 February 1970? If you haven't heard them yet, BUY ALL THREE CD'S! These performances are without a doubt, PETER GREEN at his absolute best. If you don't have them, I can burn all three CD'd for you and send them to your home address. Think about it! In the mean time, live life to the fullest and ROCK ON!

• 2 weeks later...
How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? As a matter of fact, I did know that PETER GREEN lived on Bethnal Green Road. It makes me feel great that I can contribute in helping you revitalize your extreme interest in PETER GREEN. Have you heard Part's 1, 2 and 3 CD's on FLEETWOOD MAC'S ass-kicking blistering live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY on 5, 6 and 7 February 1970? If you haven't heard them yet, BUY ALL THREE CD'S! These performances are without a doubt, PETER GREEN at his absolute best. If you don't have them, I can burn all three CD'd for you and send them to your home address. Think about it! In the mean time, live life to the fullest and ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF

I've been traveling today, and "what do ya, what do ya think i saw?"

Antenor01.jpg

Antenor House Old Bethnal Green RD E2.

Antenor02.jpg

No 18, 1st floor, black door on the right of centre of picture, is where Peter Green grew up as a child.

Antenor03.jpg

A Shot from across the road.

Just for you ZFF,as promised.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi ZFF

I've been traveling today, and "what do ya, what do ya think i saw?"

Antenor01.jpg

Antenor House Old Bethnal Green RD E2.

Antenor02.jpg

No 18, 1st floor, black door on the right of centre of picture, is where Peter Green grew up as a child.

Antenor03.jpg

A Shot from across the road.

Just for you ZFF,as promised.

Kind Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN?" Great pictures! As I once said, these pictures are all part of Rock n' Roll history. ROCK ON!

How's it going "BIGDAN?" Great pictures! As I once said, these pictures are all part of Rock n' Roll history. ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF,

Thanks mate, but you know the really sad thing, no one in the area where Peter Green and I were born and brought up would know who the hell you and I were talking about now, well thats progress for you.

Regards, Danny

Hi ZFF,

Thanks mate, but you know the really sad thing, no one in the area where Peter Green and I were born and brought up would know who the hell you and I were talking about now, well thats progress for you.

Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN?" It is so sad. The reason why I wrote the thread on FLEETWOOD MAC starting with the PETER GREEN era from 1967-1970 is because when all of us ZEPPELIN fanatics were bringing up names to all of the all-time greatest guitarists ever on a previous thread, NO ONE brought up PETER GREEN. And that's what inspired me to really dig deep down into the roots of a great band that I would have easily matched talent wise as well as music wise, to the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. And we all know that there are no bands that you can compare to the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had an incredible sound that could easily boil over into an explosive fury. The Hard Rock Blues sound, believe or not, came from PETER GREEN. MICK TAYLOR learned so much of that Hard Rock Blues sound from PETER GREEN, that Taylor took the sound with him and gave THE ROLLING STONES their greatest sound yet when he joined the band and went on tour with them in 1969. When you hear Carlos Santana play his guitar, you hear PETER GREEN coming right out of him. When you hear the instrumental song "The Super-Natural," you will hear exactly where Carlos Santana copied his revolutionary trademark guitar sound from. Coincidently, Carlos Santana recorded a PETER GREEN composition that would become SANTANA'S trademark sound as well as SANTANA'S greatest achievement, "Black Magic Woman." SANTANA immortalized PETER GREEN'S "Black Magic Woman" like the way AEROSMITH did with GREEN'S "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with "The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown). Many of the older as well as the younger ZEPPELIN fanatics may not know who PETER GREEN is, but they have definitely heard either his songs sung by other great artists or his sound is being heard through other great bands today. It is just so sad that PETER GREEN walked away from FLEETWOOD MAC as well as Rock n' Roll in 1970. When that happened, PETER GREEN would get lost in Rock n' Roll history forever and many of his accomplishments and achievements as a musician would slowly fade away as time moved on. ROCK ON!

How's it going "BIGDAN?" It is so sad. The reason why I wrote the thread on FLEETWOOD MAC starting with the PETER GREEN era from 1967-1970 is because when all of us ZEPPELIN fanatics were bringing up names to all of the all-time greatest guitarists ever on a previous thread, NO ONE brought up PETER GREEN. And that's what inspired me to really dig deep down into the roots of a great band that I would have easily matched talent wise as well as music wise, to the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. And we all know that there are no bands that you can compare to the mighty LED ZEPPELIN. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had an incredible sound that could easily boil over into an explosive fury. The Hard Rock Blues sound, believe or not, came from PETER GREEN. MICK TAYLOR learned so much of that Hard Rock Blues sound from PETER GREEN, that Taylor took the sound with him and gave THE ROLLING STONES their greatest sound yet when he joined the band and went on tour with them in 1969. When you hear Carlos Santana play his guitar, you hear PETER GREEN coming right out of him. When you hear the instrumental song "The Super-Natural," you will hear exactly where Carlos Santana copied his revolutionary trademark guitar sound from. Coincidently, Carlos Santana recorded a PETER GREEN composition that would become SANTANA'S trademark sound as well as SANTANA'S greatest achievement, "Black Magic Woman." SANTANA immortalized PETER GREEN'S "Black Magic Woman" like the way AEROSMITH did with GREEN'S "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with "The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown). Many of the older as well as the younger ZEPPELIN fanatics may not know who PETER GREEN is, but they have definitely heard either his songs sung by other great artists or his sound is being heard through other great bands today. It is just so sad that PETER GREEN walked away from FLEETWOOD MAC as well as Rock n' Roll in 1970. When that happened, PETER GREEN would get lost in Rock n' Roll history forever and many of his accomplishments and achievements as a musician would slowly fade away as time moved on. ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF,

I agree with you 100%, and thanks again for starting me on yet another journey to my youth, much appreciated.

As the Mighty Led Zeppelin did with the Blues Masters Music of their youth so Peter Green's Music will be forever remembered as the Trademark's of other Musicians, it goes round and round and around.

But as long as Peter Green has you to fight in his corner then his music will never die, so never give up on him getting his just deserts, and as long as we keep telling the story he will be remembered not as "one of" but as "The Man" of "British Blues Music."

And lets not forget that Peter Green is one of the true "Survivors" of this thing that seems to consume "Musical Greatness". Too many have surcomed to the relentless torture that every day must knaw at the very fabric of their genius, making everything they produce Musically, appear so shallow to them, but to us mere mortals its as though they are "Musical Gods" because what they can produce is so far removed from our own minisclue lives that what else can we call them, but "Gods".

But enough from me, heres to them, our Hero's. :notworthy::beer::notworthy:

(Musically Speaking of course)

Regards, Danny

Hi ZFF,

I agree with you 100%, and thanks again for starting me on yet another journey to my youth, much appreciated.

As the Mighty Led Zeppelin did with the Blues Masters Music of their youth so Peter Green's Music will be forever remembered as the Trademark's of other Musicians, it goes round and round and around.

But as long as Peter Green has you to fight in his corner then his music will never die, so never give up on him getting his just deserts, and as long as we keep telling the story he will be remembered not as "one of" but as "The Man" of "British Blues Music."

And lets not forget that Peter Green is one of the true "Survivors" of this thing that seems to consume "Musical Greatness". Too many have surcomed to the relentless torture that every day must knaw at the very fabric of their genius, making everything they produce Musically, appear so shallow to them, but to us mere mortals its as though they are "Musical Gods" because what they can produce is so far removed from our own minisclue lives that what else can we call them, but "Gods".

But enough from me, heres to them, our Hero's. :notworthy::beer::notworthy:

(Musically Speaking of course)

Regards, Danny

Well said Danny! In many ways, PETER GREEN'S musical years with JOHN MAYALL as well as FLEETWOOD MAC, are making a comeback in 2009. With all of the most recent CD releases of unreleased music from both MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC during the 1967-1970 period along with PETER GREEN'S 4-CD Box Set entitled PETER GREEN, THE ANTHOLOGY released in 2008 and the recent BBC Documentary entitled PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD, I guess that it is safe to say that PETER GREEN'S music and the many songs that he has written, will never be denied or forgotten. If PETER GREEN'S music from the 1967-1970 period can leave such a huge impact in the Rock n' Roll world as well as the Blues scene and be felt to this very day, DECADES LATER, PETER GREEN is without a doubt, one of the all-time greatest guitarists ever and deserves his rightful place along side all of the guitar greats. ROCK ON my friend!

because when all of us ZEPPELIN fanatics were bringing up names to all of the all-time greatest guitarists ever on a previous thread, NO ONE brought up PETER GREEN.

I've must've missed that thread or else Peter Green would've been mentioned by ME. :D I usually hate to dub anyone as "the greatest" as I have so many favourites, but if I really have to, it's Peter Green. Hands down.

I've must've missed that thread or else Peter Green would've been mentioned by ME. :D I usually hate to dub anyone as "the greatest" as I have so many favourites, but if I really have to, it's Peter Green. Hands down.

Hey, how's it going "Swede?" PETER GREEN has become the great long lost guitarist that got lost in time throughout Rock n' Roll history. But give it more time! With all of the recent articles, reviews and unreleased material being released on CD, the legend of PETER GREEN is slowly building momentum and is therefore, making a comeback in the new millennium. Lets just wait and see what happens when the truth is unfolded and exposed for all to see and hear. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

WOW! Thank you so much Danny, Swede and ZFF. I have been a "Green God" fanatic for the better part of my life. The FM years with Peter at lead were far too short. Some of the best music in my collection to be sure.

So happy to see Peter back and mentally healthy.

Cheers.

I always found it ironic, that the guy most famous for having a miswired guitar, was also miswired in the head.

The Kiln House is an EPIC record that always gets played when i have a chance to stretch out my sound system at my house or in my car.

WOW! Thank you so much Danny, Swede and ZFF. I have been a "Green God" fanatic for the better part of my life. The FM years with Peter at lead were far too short. Some of the best music in my collection to be sure.

So happy to see Peter back and mentally healthy.

Cheers.

How's it going "Zepaholic?" You're very welcome my friend from one PETER GREEN fanatic to another. ROCK ON!

The Kiln House is an EPIC record that always gets played when i have a chance to stretch out my sound system at my house or in my car.

Indeed. One of my top 15 played records ever.

Archived