John Bonham

Joselo

Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...
i donr no how he used such big sticks withou distroying his set, f fuck up my heds pritty quikly and i use vickferth 5a

It is pretty amazing. He would finish whole tours with the same head on his snare!

It may have something to do with his unique stroke. Formally schooled drummers are taught to hold the stick with the wrist up and level as a typist or pianist (imagine hands flat on a table). Bonham hit the drum thumb up, wrist facing outward, sometimes cocked back at an angle, depending on the drum.

I've only had to change the head on my snare drum once in all the 5 or so years that I've owned the set. I practice nearly every day as well. The head in question wasn't even the top, it was the resonant head on the bottom. I didn't even know it was broken for the longest time, just thought it was badly out of tune, so I finally got around to tuning it and then discovered it had snapped.

Archived