Did John Paul Jones do any James Bond music?

Hey,

I know that JPJ played/arranged on many film sessions. Did he do music for a James Bond movie??? Once I read that he was involved in the Soundtrack of "Goldfinger". But it wasn't mentioned what he did there. And I don't know if its true!

Btw: What other film projects was he involved in??

Hey,

I know that JPJ played/arranged on many film sessions. Did he do music for a James Bond movie??? Once I read that he was involved in the Soundtrack of "Goldfinger". But it wasn't mentioned what he did there. And I don't know if its true!

I don't know about Jonesy, but Jimmy played on "Goldfinger" by Shirley Bassey. He remembered it fondly in a recent interview, I'll have to look for it...

I can't find the exact interview, but Mick Wall mentioned it in his book, it's in one of those narrative sections, the narrator in the following passage is addressing Page:

"...After that you got offered so many different sessions it all turned into a blur. Some you never forgot, like the time you were booked for the 'Goldfinger' session, playing in the John Barry Orchestra for a day. Shirley Bassey turned up, threw her fur coat on the floor, then strode up to the mic and just belted it out, perfect first time - then fainted, spark out on the studio floor, everyone running around like headless chickens, trying to revive her..."

I remember Page describing that scene in a fairly recent interview, he mentioned that he was still a teen at the time and it made quite an impression on him!

I can't find the exact interview, but Mick Wall mentioned it in his book, it's in one of those narrative sections, the narrator in the following passage is addressing Page:

I remember Page describing that scene in a fairly recent interview, he mentioned that he was still a teen at the time and it made quite an impression on him!

Didn't know that before. Being both a big James Bond fan and a Zeppelin fan, this is pretty cool (although one can now argue about me being a big Bond fan if I didn't know about Page :D )

Scream For Help (1984) - orchestral score plus soundtrack music

"Odysseus" (BBC miniseries, 1986) - theme music

For All Mankind (1989) - one song ("Four Minute Warning")

The Secret Adventures Of Tom Thumb (1993) - theme music

Risk (1994) - soundtrack

• 4 weeks later...
I wasnt aware that it was possible to be disposed to diabetes if youre a Vegan. Of course I dont know a lot about what it means to be a Vegan in the first place.

Diabetes has nothing to do with being a vegan which is someone that eats absolutely no animal products.

Archived