Led Zeppelin Vinyl bootlegs

reswati

On 5/30/2024 at 11:04 PM, The Only Way To Fly said:

I just picked up Ozaka 1971 - The Japanese Broadcast a few weeks ago.

No complaints about this one (other than the inclusion of Moby Dick). This one sounds great and killer acoustic set. 

60DB60BF-D306-415B-9049-DD83919CC3C6_1_105_c.jpeg

E270B3B3-2952-44A6-877A-E6B52BA380FE_1_105_c.jpeg

F8AA7C1D-0CFF-4225-BCD7-67CBF96F3803_1_105_c.jpeg

Fyi there is also a 2-Volume set of Southampton 1973 available from this label.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Turd.on.the.run said:

These do come in black as well...Too bad Jimmy Page never bothered to give these shows the treatment they deserve. 

Hi and I agree. That wasn't an option from the seller. From the same label, I ordered Texas International Pope Festival. It's a 2 LP set which contains the full show. .

Edited by gcczep

1 hour ago, Turd.on.the.run said:

Remind me what that release is to the left of the Destroyer box? 

That is “Raging Violent… The Virtuoso”. It’s a 10-lp box that has 1969 UK “BBC Zep”, 1970 Montreux “Egg on Your Face”, 1977 Landover “Destroyer III”, and 1979 Copenhagen “Zep Over Europe “sides E- H )”

9 hours ago, gcczep said:

Hi and I agree. That wasn't an option from the seller. From the same label, I ordered Texas International Pope Festival. It's a 2 LP set which contains the full show. .

May look that up. Decent price? 

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

May look that up. Decent price? 

$40 ish around there off an Ebay seller I've had hassle free dealings with so far. Good luck. Also picked up Jimmy's Birthday Bash Vol. 1 and 2. Both 2 LP sets.

11 hours ago, zosorose said:

That is “Raging Violent… The Virtuoso”. It’s a 10-lp box that has 1969 UK “BBC Zep”, 1970 Montreux “Egg on Your Face”, 1977 Landover “Destroyer III”, and 1979 Copenhagen “Zep Over Europe “sides E- H )”

Another one of those randomly assorted boot boxes lol, awesome cover! Canadian release according to Discogs, that's very unusual. 

On 6/1/2024 at 6:29 PM, Turd.on.the.run said:

Fyi there is also a 2-Volume set of Southampton 1973 available from this label.

Thanks for the  heads up.

How come, it seems, we are very recently being treated by a number of these releases on vinyl? Also, why are they all being called radio broadcasts when they clearly weren’t? 

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

How come, it seems, we are very recently being treated by a number of these releases on vinyl? Also, why are they all being called radio broadcasts when they clearly weren’t? 

Most likely just a way for the label to make the releases sound more official.

Got Vol 1 and 2 of the Osaka gig today along with the Lewisville as well. The latter is also a gatefold. Only nit I have with the Osaka set is they used the same pics for the cover. Once I clean the LP's then replace the generic black inner sleeves with Mofi anti statics then I'll give 'em spin.

On the way are two volume Albert Hall, Toronto 1970/71 set and the two volume Southampton sets.

I received and listened to volume one and two of the  Osaka 1971 gig. I got volume one in black vinyl and volume two in white vinyl but was disappointed in the white vinyl because of some skipping issues, but had no problem with the black vinyl. But besides the skipping issues the sound was very very good, very much enjoyed it!

Edited by luvlz2

received and played vols 1 & 2 of osaka . as others have stated sound quality is very good . both sets are black vinyl . I prefer black as opposed to coloured . mind you splatter looks terrific . anyway prefer black . hannover ' 80 arrived and has been played . sound quality is excellent . sibly for example is very clear and sharp . both foregoing releases are good additions to the cannon . still smarting over the headley grange records / osaka / tonight you will be happy and smoking pig / the hand that feeds / 27th apr '69 . two shockers . now looking forward to getting a copy of kezar / 3lp .

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

To me it's very refreshing to see some vinyl bootlegs of Page & Plant's Unledded tour suface on the market but unfortunately nothing from the Walking Into Clarksdale tour! Aren't there any vinyl bootlegs from Page & Plant's Walking Into Clarksdale tour that anyone is aware of? Would really love to get one!

Edited by luvlz2

2 hours ago, john morrison said:

kezar is in the post . hope it arrives for the weekend 

Hi. Did you order it from the same link in this thread? Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, john morrison said:

apologies just saw your message . yes bought through horizon . 

Thanks. Purchase mine through a seller Rarewaves on Ebay.