Have you ever met Zep hater?

_Lena_Zep

A guy with whom I write original songs doesn't think much of Jimmy and his alleged plaigurism. He loves JPJ and Bonzo, though.

I think some of those songs that were "ripped off" were practically in public domain, and the truly original stuff Jimmy did offsets it. Robert can be over the top sometimes, IMHO, but I believe even Jimmy thought that early on. Comes with the terrority of being an artist, esp. live performance.

A guy with whom I write original songs doesn't think much of Jimmy and his alleged plaigurism. He loves JPJ and Bonzo, though.

I think some of those songs that were "ripped off" were practically in public domain, and the truly original stuff Jimmy did offsets it. Robert can be over the top sometimes, IMHO, but I believe even Jimmy thought that early on. Comes with the terrority of being an artist, esp. live performance.

Interesting post on a couple of different levels - thanks. It has been my experience that Messrs. Page and Plant are the biggest contributors to polarizing general opinions of the band. I can't recall someone going on an ethical or musical related rant about the rhythm section of the band . Take a gander at the page counts in the 'hot pictures of' sections of this site by band member. Not to get too 'viby' but Zep seems to be like one of those black mirrors - you unconsciously project whatever you want to see as an image.

Interesting post on a couple of different levels - thanks. It has been my experience that Messrs. Page and Plant are the biggest contributors to polarizing general opinions of the band. I can't recall someone going on an ethical or musical related rant about the rhythm section of the band . Take a gander at the page counts in the 'hot pictures of' sections of this site by band member. Not to get too 'viby' but Zep seems to be like one of those black mirrors - you unconsciously project whatever you want to see as an image.

That's deep, man. :P

Agreed but consider there are several million people who believe pseudo-virgin males mumbling words over a cracker transubstantiate it into the body of a 2,000 year old corpse (that left no corpse).

... now there's a post custom designed to stir up shit if I ever saw one...

Nice try.

Archived