CMT 2009 awards

Nech

Can it be possible for Gone Gone Gone to win yet one more time for its Performance of the Year nomination, or has the love indeed done moved on?

I mean don't even see a mention of it at all here there or elsewhere! :angry: And with Robert not in Nashville..guess it don't look like he'll be accepting anything. Unless of course Allison does so solo.

http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/nominees.jhtml

Can it be possible for Gone Gone Gone to win yet one more time for its Performance of the Year nomination, or has the love indeed done moved on?

I mean don't even see a mention of it at all here there or elsewhere! :angry: And with Robert not in Nashville..guess it don't look like he'll be accepting anything. Unless of course Allison does so solo.

http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/nominees.jhtml

Mmmm, it was mentioned before, somewhere buried now under the other threads. And I've heard Alison might be there but nothing about Robert.

CMT will have a live streaming tonight and maybe I'll watch it.

Mmmm, it was mentioned before, somewhere buried now under the other threads. And I've heard Alison might be there but nothing about Robert.

CMT will have a live streaming tonight and maybe I'll watch it.

Alison is attending tonight and the Tennessean has confirmed her as a presenter. So she will make a stage appearance. Simultaneously, Elvis Costello and a chunk of the Raising Sand Band will be performing across the street at the Ryman. I have chosen Elvis at the Ryman as my entertainment option for the evening. ;)

Alison is attending tonight and the Tennessean has conformed her as a presenter. So she will make a stage appearance. Simultaneously, Elvis Costello and a chunk of the Raising Sand Band will be performing across the street at the Ryman. I have chosen Elvis at the Ryman as my entertainment option for the evening. ;)

Sounds nice! Have a wonderful time.

:beer:

Alison is attending tonight and the Tennessean has confirmed her as a presenter. So she will make a stage appearance. Simultaneously, Elvis Costello and a chunk of the Raising Sand Band will be performing across the street at the Ryman. I have chosen Elvis at the Ryman as my entertainment option for the evening. ;)

I may watch some of the awards and try to catch Alison, but sounds like you will be having a better time at the Ryman Kentuckygirl!! :D

Nech, I did post a thread about this about a month ago. Not a whole lot of conversation about it though. http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=10769

Bet that will be a great show :D

Just saw Alison presenting with Ted Nugent for Male Video of the Year. Robert was not there and they were shut out of both categories they were nominated for. Oh well, they already have many well deserved awards and praise for Raising Sand. :D

Just saw Alison presenting with Ted Nugent for Male Video of the Year. Robert was not there and they were shut out of both categories they were nominated for. Oh well, they already have many well deserved awards and praise for Raising Sand. :D

Ted Nugent at the CMT Awards? Surely the end is near.

As for Elvis, I hate I missed his recent show here but even trying to find a deal on Craigslist at the last minute didn't work out for me. Maybe next time.

Ted Nugent at the CMT Awards? Surely the end is near.

As for Elvis, I hate I missed his recent show here but even trying to find a deal on Craigslist at the last minute didn't work out for me. Maybe next time.

LOL. Def Leppard is performing on the show with Taylor Swift too, who would've ever thought?

Bet that will be a great show :D

Incredible show. Absolutely blew me away. Elvis has come up with his own unique spin on Americana, and has been co-writing songs with Loretta Lynn, however T-Bone's presence was felt and this show will be compared to the Raising Sand shows. T-Bone is not in this band, but Stuart Duncan and Dennis Crouch are there, along with Jerry Douglas from Union Station and Jim Lauderdale, Americana icon and close friend of Buddy Miller. Elvis reworked some of his old stuff (Allison, I Write the Book) but performed many originals written specifically for this project. He played almost three hours, kept adding to the encores. I do not know how deep this tour is going, but if you enjoyed the Raising Sand shows for the music itself ( as opposed to just showing up to see the Golden One) this show is a must-see.

I will post a link to a professionally written review from a writer more talented than me (which is almost anybody) sometime tomorrow in the "Other bands/music" section.

As I recently mentioned in another thread, this isn't Elvis' first foray into country music nor is it the first time he's worked with T-Bone Burnett. In 1981 he released Almost Blue, an album of country covers that was recorded in Nashville. It's since been re-released twice (1994 on Rykodisc, 2004 on Rhino). T-Bone Burnett produced and played on King of America (1986) and Spike (1989). Prior to that (1985) he and Elvis worked together on a single called "The People's Limousine" which they released as The Coward Brothers. Elvis has also worked with George Jones, Emmylou Harris, Lucinda Williams and many others from the country music world over the years. So, while some may accuse him of jumping on the Raising Sand bandwagon they'd be wrong. Elvis was at this sort of thing long before Plant and Krauss. Hell, he's even been known to cover the Grateful Dead at his concerts (and on record). Perhaps the most unlikely Deadhead I could ever think of but I found out it was true myself when I picked up a copy of the Grateful Dead tribute album Deadicated years ago which includes Elvis' cover of Ship of Fools.

Incredible show. Absolutely blew me away. Elvis has come up with his own unique spin on Americana, and has been co-writing songs with Loretta Lynn, however T-Bone's presence was felt and this show will be compared to the Raising Sand shows. T-Bone is not in this band, but Stuart Duncan and Dennis Crouch are there, along with Jerry Douglas from Union Station and Jim Lauderdale, Americana icon and close friend of Buddy Miller. Elvis reworked some of his old stuff (Allison, I Write the Book) but performed many originals written specifically for this project. He played almost three hours, kept adding to the encores. I do not know how deep this tour is going, but if you enjoyed the Raising Sand shows for the music itself ( as opposed to just showing up to see the Golden One) this show is a must-see.

I will post a link to a professionally written review from a writer more talented than me (which is almost anybody) sometime tomorrow in the "Other bands/music" section.

Sounds like a great show!

LOL. Def Leppard is performing on the show with Taylor Swift too, who would've ever thought?

I'd like to see that... must go YouTube it.

Edited: Also to add that I don't think the 'honeymoon' is over either. I think sweeping the Grammys was a more-than-perfect way to end off the fabulous year 'Raising Sand' has had. I don't think they won any other awards after that? Now it's just time to focus on the next record, and hopefully have continued success.

Kentuckygirl, how lucky for you to go to the Ryman for another great show!

Great musicians, I would love to see this show but doubt I will get the chance.

Archived