Why Not Led Zeppelin?

Stevedore

With the recent death of Michael Jackson, AEG will need to look for acts to fill the 50 dates Jackson was to perform at the O2, starting July 13 and running through March. AEG will have to refund 85 million worth of tickets and stands to lose 115 million in profits from the 50 shows according to Billboard. They were reportedly insured for only 23 million given Jackson's history of canceled shows and his 12-year hiatus from touring.

So why not Zeppelin? Not saying they have to play all 50, the July dates will probably go dark, but I can think of no other act in the world than Zeppelin, that could step up and fill those shoes! :yesnod:

From a logistics point of view it makes sense, the boys wouldn't even have to leave there own backyard in London! Im sure Zeppelin's management will be contacted, just as sure that any and all inquiries will be rebuffed by Zeppelin. Too bad, but wouldn't it be ironic that the death of a superstar in Michael Jackson could be the spark in getting the boys back together. A pipe dream, I know... :lol:

The boys? They're in their sixties. Robert obviously has lost his taste for two-hour long rock shows.

He might have, but those 60 year olds had no problem with there two-hour long performance at the O2. With proper rehearsal time they'd be fine, they can still bring it!

Hmm, just how long was that Raising Sand show I went to? :unsure:

The several I saw clocked in at two hours.

Don't think age has anything to do with it. As an aside, Winwood and Clapton put on an amazing 2 hour show and I don't know Winwood's age but Clapton I assume is about the same age as Jimmy.

The several I saw clocked in at two hours.

Don't think age has anything to do with it. As an aside, Winwood and Clapton put on an amazing 2 hour show and I don't know Winwood's age but Clapton I assume is about the same age as Jimmy.

Eric is one year younger than Jimmy, and Stevie Winwood is the same age as Robert.

Thanks - that's about what I figured.

Actually it's a bit odd for me to think Jimmy is the oldest of the three Yardbirds guitarists, because he was the last one in the group and I used to think he is the youngest. :lol:

Actually it's a bit odd for me to think Jimmy is the oldest of the three Yardbirds guitarists, because he was the last one in the group and I used to think he is the youngest. :lol:

:lol: That's funny you said that because I assumed Eric was the oldest because he was the first guitarist in the group!

Archived