Anyone still get goosebumps...

I overdosed on Zeppelin songs for so many years that I lost that level. Then after not listening much for a few years and going back to it, it just knocks me on my ass. I had gone so deep into it when I was younger, I knew every nuance. Then for awhile I just knew the songs and didn't probe into the soul of it. Now when I hear any Zeppelin song, I deja vu on those deep things I'd gotten numb to. I totally twig! I spent so long listening to just live stuff that it was a real kick to revisit the studio albums again. The goosebumps are back baby!! In fact they were never gone. It was I who had stepped out of the room for a while. ;)

Hi Ev,

I would like to say "I know what you mean mate" but i cant, sorry, i just cant.

From the Very First Time i ever heard one of their Tracks i was Hooked, and i've never waivered from that Journey.

I have never ever Stopped a Led Zepp Song to Answer the Phone, Open the Front Door or Anything Like That.

I never Skip A Song, thats a "Sacrilige" as far as i'm concerned.

I have to have my daily fix, "An Album a Day Blows My Blues Away" is my Motto.

If i had to go in to Rehab to "Get Off" Led Zeppelin i would Never Come Out, there could never be a cure for me.

I slip little Zeppelinesque Phrases in to conversations at every oppotunity, yes even on here.

I am the "Fool In The Rain" with the "Hots On For Nowhere" and every day is a "Celebration Day" for Led Zeppelins Music, so before i "Ramble On" and leave you "Dazed and Confused" i'm gonna take a "Night Flight" to the "Black Mountain Side" to meet my "Black Country Woman" where we can climb our "Stairway To Heaven" because i know she really is "Somethin' Else".

Enough, Enough, i hear you call, so GoodBye For Now and "Thank You" for listening.

Regards, Danny

PS, Goosebumps, try, "Ten Years Gone", works for me every time.

^ Ten Years Gone is one of my favorites too. Wish there were more live versions of it.

Hi 9,

Sorry, "Ten Years Gone" is not one of my favourites, i just dont have any, i just said it "works for me every time."

Now You ARE one of my favourites, :kiss: but you dont work for me, anytime. :blush:

Regards, Danny

Hi 9,

Sorry, "Ten Years Gone" is not one of my favourites, i just dont have any, i just said it "works for me every time."

Now You ARE one of my favourites, :kiss: but you dont work for me, anytime. :blush:

Regards, Danny

:blush:

Well you haven't offered me a job so how could I work for you ;)

:P

:D

:blush:

Well you haven't offered me a job so how could I work for you ;)

:P

Well lets see shall we?

You could be my Money Advisor, but i'm Broke.

You could be my Chef/Cook, but i'm on a Diet.

You could be my Chauffeur, but i dont have a Car.

You could be my Builder, but i live in a Tent.

You could be my Doctor, but i'm never ill.

You could be my Sexual Advisor, but my Wife takes care of that part of the Business, and she would make you work a "Week in Hand".

Other than that, when can you start? :D

Kind Regards, Danny

Well lets see shall we?

You could be my Money Advisor, but i'm Broke.

You could be my Chef/Cook, but i'm on a Diet.

You could be my Chauffeur, but i dont have a Car.

You could be my Builder, but i live in a Tent.

You could be my Doctor, but i'm never ill.

You could be my Sexual Advisor, but my Wife takes care of that part of the Business, and she would make you work a "Week in Hand".

Other than that, when can you start? :D

Kind Regards, Danny

Well I could work for you and do nothing - how could I refuse :cheer:

I actually don't listen STH anymore, maybe some live versions but that's all.

That's when STH works best. When you don't listen to it for a while and then you play it for the first time in a long time.

Try it late at with the lights off and loud.

What a damn great song it is. It's like some expensive drink. Just a little nip of it now and again is all you need. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes... you can feel the song progress through different stages.. lilting at first, then getting excited, then up and running, and then an explosion of spectacular, mind-blowing music and then the calm of things settling down. It's quite a rush, has been and will always be one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs... it may be perceived as overplayed but, IMO, the people that overplay it really don't appreciate it as much as others do.. it's more of a "novelty" song to them. But I am biased. ;)

Archived