New KISS Track

The Pagemeister

Not a KISS fan, but I'll give them some credit for doing this.....

My link

Monday, August 17, 2009

Kiss to play Cobo Sept. 25

Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer

Kiss, the group that gave Detroit Rock City its name, is set to return to the arena it made famous.

Kiss will perform at Cobo Arena on Sept. 25, promoters announced this morning. Tickets, $25, $49, $78 and $125, go on sale at 5 p.m. Friday at all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster.com, OlympiaEntertainment.com, and the Fox Theatre and Joe Louis Arena box offices.

Cobo Arena was one of the sites used to cull material for "Alive," the band's breakthrough 1975 live album. "Alive" was the first Kiss album to crack the top 10, and the album's back cover features a photo taken inside Cobo of two fans holding up a Kiss poster.

The show is in support of the band's new album "Sonic Boom," which hits Wal-Mart stores Oct. 6. "Sonic Boom" will come packaged as a three-disc set, with the new studio album bookended by a greatest hits CD and a live DVD of the band recently recorded in Argentina.

Los Angeles hard rock group Buckcherry will open for Kiss at the Sept. 25 show, which marks Kiss' first Detroit appearance since the group's Comerica Park concert in Aug. 2003.

Over the weekend, the Kiss announcement was teased when the Kiss logo appeared on several digital billboards around the city.

Can't even remember the last rock show @ Cobo.

Not a KISS fan, but I'll give them some credit for doing this.....

Kiss to play Cobo Sept. 25

The promotional clip for this concert states "...one more time before the walls come down..." Does this mean Cobo Arena has officially been slated for demolition? I know the City of Detroit has been exploring various Cobo Convention Center expansion plans for quite some time.

The promotional clip for this concert states "...one more time before the walls come down..." Does this mean Cobo Arena has officially been slated for demolition? I know the City of Detroit has been exploring various Cobo Convention Center expansion plans for quite some time.

The city is looking to expand and renovate Cobo Hall in order to keep the North American Auto Show. Since the city is broke, they are trying to get the financing from the entire metro region. As usual, racial issues have gotten in the way. An expansion of Cobo Hall could effect Joe Louis Arena, as Pizza Man wants to build yet another hockey arena by his Fox theatre and Comerica Park. That would clear some land along the river for a Cobo Hall expansion. The other alternative is to tear down the arena portion and build out over the river. I think the arena will ultimately be torn down, but I haven't heard one mention of it yet. Last show I saw there was Jeff Beck/Stevie Ray Vaughn in 1990.

Last show I saw there was Jeff Beck/Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Me too. It was on Fri, Nov 3, 1989.

'The House Is Rockin' / 'Tight Rope' / 'Look At Little Sister' / Let Me Love You Baby' / Leave My Little Girl Alone' /

Wall Of Denial' / 'Superstition' / 'Cold Shot' / 'Crossfire' / 'Voodoo Chile'

SRV.jpg

Archived