Led Zeppelin

lzzoso

Most of us already know that Led Zeppelin first started out under the name "the New Yardbirds" back in late 1968. Other names they were supposedly considering at that time were "Mad Dogs" and "Whoopee Cushion". It was around that time that Jimmy remembered and was keen on the name "LEAD ZEPPELIN". Of course "LEAD" was changed to "LED".

Does anybody think that "history" was made or changed at that moment? "Mad Dogs" or "Whoopee Cushion" or "Lead Zeppelin". Although now it seems almost impossible, our favorite and beloved band could have been called "Mad Dogs", "Whoopee Cushion" or even the "Vegetables" or the "Potatoes". Instead of "OUR" LED ZEPPELIN.

What is your opinion on this?

Even if they did name and call themselves, "Whoopee Cushion", and produced the exact same music as we all know and love, wouldn't it be a bit strange to say that the "Mad Dogs" or "Whoopee Cushion" is the greatest band of all-time?

Most of us already know that Led Zeppelin first started out under the name "the New Yardbirds" back in late 1968. Other names they were supposedly considering at that time were "Mad Dogs" and "Whoopee Cushion". It was around that time that Jimmy remembered and was keen on the name "LEAD ZEPPELIN". Of course "LEAD" was changed to "LED".

Does anybody think that "history" was made or changed at that moment? "Mad Dogs" or "Whoopee Cushion" or "Lead Zeppelin". Although now it seems almost impossible, our favorite and beloved band could have been called "Mad Dogs", "Whoopee Cushion" or even the "Vegetables" or the "Potatoes". Instead of "OUR" LED ZEPPELIN.

What is your opinion on this?

Even if they did name and call themselves, "Whoopee Cushion", and produced the exact same music as we all know and love, wouldn't it be a bit strange to say that the "Mad Dogs" or "Whoopee Cushion" is the greatest band of all-time?

Hello lzzoso!

I can't imagine any other name. LED ZEPPELIN just sounds powerful. Perfect name... I would still love the music, but I am glad they chose their name as it is.

We wouldn't have known otherwise and just accepted the name Mad Dog or vegetables or whatever else they might have gone with. It's hard now to look back and think about it but I don't imagine we'd have thought it any odder than any other band's name.

thats a tough one because Led Zeppelin (the name) i think kind of took off (not literally, thats impossible :rolleyes:)and became kind of its own thing...think about it when you hear the words "lead" "zeppelin" or "lead zeppelin" you dont think about giant blimps in the sky or an element you use in chemistry class the first thing that comes to mind is power yet grace, amazingness, pure music and enjoyment or you just say something in your mind like "man i wish i had my music right now so i could listen to led zeppelin," its like it became a "new word" with its own new meaning, but i think if they had went with "mad dogs" or "whoopee cushion" or what ever other name jimmy had, AND they still progressed through their musical career like they did i dont think we would automatically think "oh that is the greatest band in the world" if we heard the word "mad dogs" or "whoopee cushion" we would think "rabies" or "fart" first, then "greatest band in the world" second

thats a tough one because Led Zeppelin (the name) i think kind of took off (not literally, thats impossible :rolleyes:)and became kind of its own thing...think about it when you hear the words "lead" "zeppelin" or "lead zeppelin" you dont think about giant blimps in the sky or an element you use in chemistry class the first thing that comes to mind is power yet grace, amazingness, pure music and enjoyment or you just say something in your mind like "man i wish i had my music right now so i could listen to led zeppelin," its like it became a "new word" with its own new meaning, but i think if they had went with "mad dogs" or "whoopee cushion" or what ever other name jimmy had, AND they still progressed through their musical career like they did i dont think we would automatically think "oh that is the greatest band in the world" if we heard the word "mad dogs" or "whoopee cushion" we would think "rabies" or "fart" first, then "greatest band in the world" second

The first time you heard it you might have thought that, after that you'd stop thinking about the name's meaning and just take it for granted.

Archived