the true live album thread

achillestand

i had read the madison tapes before, but after reading it today for the second time I felt so baaaad.

It is a shame that few true live albums exist.

I can remember

Deep Purple Made in Japan

Dore Straits Alchemy

The BMR Doors releases

Any pthers?

What exactly do you mean by "true" live?

The truth of the matter is, all live albums are subject to some editing.

I listened to Little Feat's Waitin' For Columbus for years without realizing the amount of splicing that went on with that record. I never knew a thing about it until the deluxe expanded reissue came out just a few years ago. Even "unofficial" live recordings that are circulated among fans are subject to some splicing and "cleaning up".

Everything from Joy Division. In fact most of the official ones suck because of tech issues. Both 'Still' and 'live at Preston' have major equipment failures. Crazyhonest band to a fault. Their bootlegs are better.

The Who do as well with themusic.com, however I think the person who started this thread was referring to the more widespread/well circulated live albums. I think it's worth noting that his profile says he's from Argentina, which means he might be a bit hit or miss with his English. Keep that in account.

The Who do as well with themusic.com, however I think the person who started this thread was referring to the more widespread/well circulated live albums. I think it's worth noting that his profile says he's from Argentina, which means he might be a bit hit or miss with his English. Keep that in account.

Do you have any problem with my birth country? Ir is just my bad english?

A true live album is an album that is complñetely untouched..that is why I mentioned Made in japan and The Doors archive releases.

Sure that the Allman´s is untouched?

Do you have any problem with my birth country? Ir is just my bad english?

A true live album is an album that is complñetely untouched..that is why I mentioned Made in japan and The Doors archive releases.

Sure that the Allman´s is untouched?

I just meant if you said something that wasn't clear, perhaps they should remember English is not your first language instead of jumping on you for not being clear enough, that's all.

Well, Joy Division never tried to be 'nice', so in that respect I think it's kinda fitting.

Joy Division had the reputation of being over expertly produced by Martin Hannett.... unless I don't get what 'nice' there meant. Really, they were too early in their career to have a live album, so anything was lucky to be recorded.

Archived