ReR Caption Fan Club Thread

zoso13zeppelin

Yes, it's a movie. It was released in 1969. Arlo Guthrie is in it. It's a bout the discrimination towards hippies and how not all hippies did drugs. Alice lives in a church and trys to help people. And Arlo has to go in the draft and he gets out of it. If you like slightly dry humour you'd probably like this. Only get permission from your parents to watch it because it's rated r.

Sounds like something I'd watch. I'll check it out sometime. Is it good?

Like Arlo gets arrested and the cop takes his wallet and he says "What, you want my wallet so I can't spend money in the cell?" The humor is so dry, it's great. But it stresses how hippies weren't always the drugged out people and how there is a difference between hippies and druggies.

Won't Richard be proud?

Edited by lzfan715

Like Arlo gets arrested and the cop takes his wallet and he says "What, you want my wallet so I can't spend money in the cell?" The humor is so dry, it's great. But it stresses how hippies weren't always the drugged out people and how there is a difference between hippies and druggies.

Won't Richard be proud?

:hysterical: That's great………………………………………………………………………… :hysterical:

That's good that it shows that there's a difference. After all… I'll bet many of us here are considered hippies… I know I am, but the people at my school associate that with pot. To be honest, I really don't care what they say about me. WHatever. I don't need them. :rolleyes: It's really stupid how some people are, you know?

I have that too. There was a drug bust at my school the other day and some kid aske dme if it was because of my locker. I was so mad. I konw I'm a hippie, but I am not a pot smoker. Or any other smoker or dropper for that matter. I don't drink either.

I have that too. There was a drug bust at my school the other day and some kid aske dme if it was because of my locker. I was so mad. I konw I'm a hippie, but I am not a pot smoker. Or any other smoker or dropper for that matter. I don't drink either.

I don't do any of those things either. I mean, a drink every once in a while is okay, but not excessive or anything.

People at my old school used to say that my band either spiked our cokes or put actual cocaine in them… it was quite annoying.

That sucks. People say I do that stuff, but I don't. And there are a lot of alcoholics at my school too.

Yeah… we have a lot of druggies at my school.

The thing is, my band drinks really excessive amounts of coke (okay, I'm addicted to caffeine, as well as them), so it sort of may appear that we're putting something extra in it… but we're not, certainly not. IN fact, when we ffirst got together as a band, we vowed never to ever do drugs…

wooo this thread certainly gets longer by the second! in response to what you were all saying earlier about hippies, i get called a hippy because my family are a bit eccentric, buddhist statues and homeopathic remedies and essential oils etc. but i like being like that i dont want to be conventional and running to the doctor all the time.