ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Wolfman

Congratulations to Bama, but it's much easier for the tide to roll in when the seawalls collapse. wink.gif

Hi LarryD smile.gif

I think that Alabama was the better team and would have won regardless of who the quarterback was for Texas. Just my opinion.

Congratulations to Alabama!

Congratulations to Bama, but it's much easier for the tide to roll in when the seawalls collapse. ;)

I could not agree more, Larry. And, yes, it was very hard to watch as a Longhorn fan. But, alas, congratulations to all of you who are Alabama fans!

When Texas came back to within 3 points, I DEFINATELY DO believe that if they'd had their number 1 quarterback the tide might've rolled OUT!!However, it's all speculation. No harder conference than the Southeast IMO.

This was published in the Birmingham News sports section this morning. The writer is from Amarillo, Texas. I'll withhold his name from this post.

"Texas held out Colt McCoy to save his NFL career? Are you kidding me? What they meant was, hold him out to protect his financial future. McCoy has about 60 teammates who count on him. Colt's dad and the coaches let the team down, the university down and Texas fans across the country down just to protect his financial future."

My wife likened the injury that sidelined Colt to the crash that killed Earnhardt at Daytona several years ago. Replay the event 10 times and we've all seen people walk away from situations that appeared far more severe.

I'm damn glad the Tide won the game but I wish Colt McCoy had been able to play the duration.

Archived