Led Zeppelin Reunion...

lzzoso

I realize that this was once a possibility about 25 years ago after Led Zeppelin reunited for the 1985 Live Aid concerts. From what I have read this, Led Zeppelin "reunion" with Tony Thompson was a real possibility. They had began rehearsing with Tony after the Live Aid gig somewhere in Bath, England in 1986. However, Tony was involved in a serious car accident that sent him to the hospital long enough to end the so-called LZ reunion. (Among other factors).

My question is: (hypothetically) What do you think or feel about this? What if everything went according to their plans and Jimmy Page/Robert Plant/John Paul Jones and Tony Thompson did actually record new music and tour as a "reformed Led Zeppelin". It may have satisfied the millions of Led Zeppelin fans around the world, but now,in hindsight, if this actually happened, do you think it would have enhanced or tarnished the music of the "original Led Zeppelin". Remember, this is just a simple hypothetical question.

P.S. If you do not like this question or post, believe me, I have seen and read many other questions and posts that are more "inane" than this one.

No way could they have recorded or toured as Led Zeppelin.

Page and Plant never toured as Zep and nor should they have without JPJ and JB.

It was barely Zep even with Jason Bonham, so anything "new" would needed to've been released under another name, hypothetically speaking.

If it went according to plan, sure why not. The fact is it didn't go according to plan. I started a thread about this reunion in Bath about a week ago where Robert in 1988 talked about how the reunion was from his perspective & I added some comments from Jimmy from 1986 a few months after the Bath reunion from his perspective. They weren't on the same page as it were. Whether it's 2008 or 1986 Robert simply doesn't want to do it & Jimmy and JPJ do/did. If Robert doesn't feel his heart is fully into it he's right not to do it. Anything else would be half-assed. Who wants that? He wasn't fully into so it's better it didn't happen in 1986 or 2008... or when it starts up again 3-4 years from now. He may flip flop on it again in the future but the result will be the same... no reunion for more than a show. I think Jimmy realizes that by now & I'm assuming JPJ has better things to do.

It was barely Zep even with Jason Bonham, so anything "new" would needed to've been released under another name, hypothetically speaking.

agreed. i would rather see Plant, JP, JPJ and Jason Bonham tour, but thats never gonna happen dry.gif

sure they could have...and were planning to.

page and plant toured as "the voice and guitar of LED ZEPPELIN" in many places in 1998...

what makes it zeppelin is a redundant discussion that has many views and has had the hair beat off of it as a topic on this (and other) forums...

edit to add: 1091302182007_ledzepprageposterpic.jpg

Archived