Ozone Baby

I never singled you out individually to criticize in the first place. Sorry if I am a fan who can claim that I actually like more of their songs than you do. No need to make this personal.

And I think this is a fair criticism, stated in a nice way. As I said earlier in the thread, I can appreciate the circumstances, and I accepted that some of the songs on CODA should be seen as 'outtakes' from other bodies of work. So I like the way you describe the song as "an idea unfinished". Which is why I just choose to take the song within that context, and find that I enjoy it.

For years I would always pass over Down By The Seaside. I'm not saying that I didn't like it, but I liked it less than other songs on PG, or maybe it was that I wasn't in the mood to hear the song every time I played the album. Then years later when the Encomium tribute album came out with the Tori Amos/Robert Plant duet version of Down By The Seaside, I found that it was my favorite song on that album. I mean I really liked the song, the way it was arranged, and the duet just makes it so much better my opinion. I guess my point is that some of the songs we may not think are as good, really have something more there. Maybe if that "idea unfinished" like you said had another chance, it could for some people become so much more.

:lol: Maybe I should change my name to "Ozone Baby" defender.

Cheers

We can't all like as many of their songs as you do, Brad. :lol: People are bound to have their own preferences in the same way that people have favorite colors, favorite scents, favorite foods and so on. We're only human.

I agree. I love ITTOD, and enjoy a lot of CODA, but the first two initials don't stand for "Contractual Obligation" for nothing. They would not have released much of that material as it stood in other circumstances.

hang on a minute .......

i know why CODA was released ( contractual obligation ), and i know that the word CODA means " ending " in music ( is that right? :unsure: ), but do the initials CODA actually mean contractual obligation ............... ................ ???

or were you just making a joke?

btw, i don't like " ozone baby" very much, and i am a loyal zep fan ( a slave to it, in fact ) ;)

You are correct.

And when we don't like something that someone else has made with their talents and efforts, and they are a friend....

isn't there a better way of saying what our opinion's are than saying "I hate it" or "that sucks"?

Sometimes if you can't say something nice.... well, you know how it goes.

Cheers :)

Maybe, but I don't hate any of their songs that I can think of. But if I did, I would probably say so. Maybe I would state it as my least favorite song and I like this song better. But I like all their songs.

I never singled you out individually to criticize in the first place. Sorry if I am a fan who can claim that I actually like more of their songs than you do. No need to make this personal.

:lol:

Plain hilarious.

• 6 months later...