Ozone Baby

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums. I haven't found it anywhere else so I thought this looked like a good place to post this.

I've read through these forums quite a bit over the past few weeks and haven't really heard much discussion about one of my favorite Zeppelin tunes. (At least in my top 100 lol) Anyways is it because it's one of their later songs? Or lacks the 'depth' of some of their other classics?

I find the song quite enjoyable.

Please post your insight.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums. I haven't found it anywhere else so I thought this looked like a good place to post this.

I've read through these forums quite a bit over the past few weeks and haven't really heard much discussion about one of my favorite Zeppelin tunes. (At least in my top 100 lol) Anyways is it because it's one of their later songs? Or lacks the 'depth' of some of their other classics?

I find the song quite enjoyable.

Please post your insight.

It's a great song and with a great title!

Well you guys dont know what your talking about.....read the name and weep!!

:boohoo::wtf: can anyone decipher this post? i haven't a clue except that it was posted on April Fools Day.

Regards, Danny

PS, Knebby, whats up, what cant you bare? :D

• 1 year later...

Love this song. It, along with Darlene, South Bound and Fool... sound so fresh to me - like they could have been recorded recently. As was said before though, I've never met a Zeppelin song that I didn't like and I can't say that for any other group!

The song is very good -- EXCEPT for the chorus of "Ewwwwww, it's my love." My friends and I used to make fun of that part back in the day.

I like the song. Cool title. They had a lot of good titles for their songs.

Plant sounds wonderful there. His voice had a really fresh sound at that time, a natural polish, shiny.

The bass tone is interesting, like concrete.

Page plays at a tangent to the rest of the song on the 1st guitar break. It sounds new wave and very young! He did fun things in his music then.

It's a decent song. I don't listen to it all the time, but I never skip it when it comes on. I know the lyrics. Coda is such a blend of songs, every song feels "out of place" to me for some weird reason.

Very few Zeppelin songs that I "don't like."

Coda is such a blend of songs, every song feels "out of place" to me for some weird reason.

I'm not saying it's the case with you but I wonder why so many seem to think it's a proper album and should be expected to flow like one when in reality, it's a collection of rare, previously unreleased recordings. That would explain it's lack of cohesiveness.

It's a good enough song. Not going to stand up with The Rain Song or Babe I'm Going to Leave You. But it's a fun song like The Crunge or Boogie With Stu.

To me anyone who can't appreciate it really isn't a very true fan of the band. Most people would give their left arm to hear the lads play this song again at least once. I know I would.

Not everyone is a true fan. Some of us are just mildly interested and curious to see what's happening.

It's unfortunate that some people just want to bash this band on their own website. Obviously the band liked the song enough to put it on their album. And I liked Jimmy's reasons for the album: to give fans who were interested just a little bit more.

Thanks Jimmy and all. I like the song.

Brad

Yeah, I have always liked the song.

Archived