The Song Remains the Same

• Administrators

Join Sound Opinions co-hosts Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot

for a screening of the Led Zeppelin concert film The Song Remains the Same.

24421.jpg

Sound Opinions presents The Song Remains the Same

On Wednesday, April 21st at 7:30 at the Music Box Theatre.

Leave it to Led Zeppelin to make a concert film this larger-than-life and fantastical. The Song Remains the Same, filmed during the band's 1973 run at Madison Square Garden, captures the "Moby Dick" of hard-rock bands. Led Zeppelin personally financed the film in order to give viewers insight into the personalites of each band member, as well as their crew. It was shot on 35mm with a 24-track quadrophonic sound recording.

The Song Remains the Same was the only official live document of Led Zeppelin's concerts until their DVD collection in 2003 and remains a cult classic.

Showtime is 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Music Box Theatre - 3733 North Southport Ave. Chicago, IL

Tickets are $9 in advance.

WBEZ members should enter code "BONZO" for $8 tickets.

$10 tickets will be on sale that at the theater starting at 6:30 p.m.

https://secure2.conv...1j8xtv1.app217a

• Administrators

I would just LOVE to see this at the cinema again. Lucky lot!

I think the last theatre screening I saw was around 1997, but it was a terrible quality print, in mono. Miss the days of the weekly midnight showings in the 1980s. B)

I think the last theatre screening I saw was around 1997, but it was a terrible quality print, in mono. Miss the days of the weekly midnight showings in the 1980s. B)

Someone would always shout, "Jimmy Page is GOD!"

my old movie poster

tsrts.jpg?t=1271554868

a bit beat......had that one a while and used it........obviously

was great to see that in theaters.........was like a concert.......crowd was rowdy as hell...only time i went to a movie with a case of beer in the back seat........raised a lot of hell here at the old strand in Quincy , Ma

was the only way to see zep as they were banned here........quite a mystique around them (which seems to survive to this day).......took sooooooo many years for that movie to come out on vhs..........never thought i'd see the day............and here we all are spoiled by it all with tsrts and all the other great stuff we can either just buy or you tube

my old movie poster

tsrts.jpg?t=1271554868

a bit beat......had that one a while and used it........obviously

was great to see that in theaters.........was like a concert.......crowd was rowdy as hell...only time i went to a movie with a case of beer in the back seat........raised a lot of hell here at the old strand in Quincy , Ma

was the only way to see zep as they were banned here........quite a mystique around them (which seems to survive to this day).......took sooooooo many years for that movie to come out on vhs..........never thought i'd see the day............and here we all are spoiled by it all with tsrts and all the other great stuff we can either just buy or you tube

Nice and so true! I think me and my 1980's party friend's/band mate's went to the movie house(s) in Greensboro NC a million times to the midnight show's, a lot of those time's they would have The Song Remains the Same on the bill.

Showtime is 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Music Box Theatre - 3733 North Southport Ave. Chicago, IL

https://secure2.conv...1j8xtv1.app217a

Thanks for the information, Sam. My older cousin, who was with me at the '73 shows that were filmed for TSRTS, lives in Chicago now so I'll let her know about this. I don't know if she'll be interested - like me, the only time she saw TSRTS was at the NYC premiere, in the fall of '76 - but one of her children might want to attend (somehow we both managed to raise children who are LZ fans).

The timing of this new theater showing of TSRTS is interesting as one of the guys who was involved with the band during their '73 stay in NYC recently connected me with another woman who was also there. It is interesting and fun to talk to someone else who was there too - and to see how our memories and perceptions of events vary because of the difference in our ages and where we were in our lives at that time (she is several years older than me).

Just got back from the show. They actually showed film, not a DVD. There were a few blips, including some mangling of the scene with Peter Grant swearing about unauthorized Zeppelin swag being sold. The theatre was almost full and the audience was very enthusiastic. They especially applauded "Dazed & Confused" and "Moby Dick". It was great to see TSRTS on the big screen with a bunch of LZ fans, thanks to Sound Opinions!

Archived