Jimmy Page Interview

sam_webmaster

The press, and Jimmy are living in the past. I'm glad Robert and JPJ are not. Zeppelin were visionaries, always a forward looking band. Why can't it's founder and architect do something musically? If he is retired fine, just say so. He has earned the right. To live in the past and yearn for the glories of Zeppelin today is not realistic. There has to be something more as to why Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason didn't carry on as was intended in '08. Introducing a singer too prematurely is a crock of sh%t. Jimmy is my all time favorite, but damm it is frustrating when the only Jimmy citing's are on a camera man's blog.

Not to jump on any bandwagon, but I do agree using this interview to discuss anything he's got coming up would be alittle silly, but then again, he wasn't asked so..

I just hope Jimmy hasn't given up on himself as a solo act and hasn't resided to holding out for Robert, John and Jason to come around for the second coming. I still have hope he will do something for himself, to put Led Zeppelin behind him once and for all.

Jimmy gives an interview this morning in London and Robert and Jason give a joint interview the same morning in Miami. Coincidence? Or, maybe the stars and heavens are beginning to align?

I have a bridge I'm looking to sell. Interested?

Geez, he did an interview 5 months ago stating why things didn't proceed with Jones and Jason. He clearly stated that he has a lot of new material written and every intention of recording it and playing live this year. He never said anything about it being released this year. He was very clear.

Now people are so frustrated that they think he was just talking out of his ass? Because Jimmy Page of all people needs to make up stories about his future plans? To what end?

Get a grip, people.

^ With all do respect to Jimmy, he has been working on unreleashed new material for over a decade. What I find striking is his will to blow that aside for any chance of a Zeppelin reunion or outing or remastering(or so it seems). At the end of the day, whatever he decides I will happily live with.

^ With all do respect to Jimmy, he has been working on unreleashed new material for over a decade. What I find striking is his will to blow that aside for any chance of a Zeppelin reunion or outing or remastering(or so it seems). At the end of the day, whatever he decides I will happily live with.

Agree with you Bigstickbonzo. However, he is going to find the time to write a long foreword to Ross Halfin's Travel Book, published by Genesis Publications, of course! JP may have the music ready, but who is going to write the lyrics? The interview with JP in the new Mojo is just him going over the O2 (yet again), so nothing new there. I will be really surprised if there is any tour in 2010, as it is far on in the year for arrangements to be made.

Totally agree