March 27, 1975

cutis

Last concert from the U.S. '75 tour. And this is a MONSTER of a performance. Absolute MONSTER. Right up there with Seattle '75 and probably one of the top 3 performances from the entire U.S. '75 tour.

Plant sounds pretty darn good for the grand finale and Page is on fire throughout. Bonham drums with ferocious power and Jones holds it all together with steady keyboards and bass.

I don't think there was a superior live rock act in '75 that matched the power and intensity of this particular performance.

For all you '75 naysayers, your loss! This gig rocks FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Date: 1975-03-27

Venue: The Forum

Source: Audience

Lineage: 1st gen cassettes(TDK SA 90)x3>Nakamichi 670 pitch & azimuth-adjusted playback deck>Nakamichi Outboard Dolby B Unit>Wavelab 96/24>Izotope 44.1/16>flac

Taping Gear: AKG mics, Nakamichi 550 cassette deck

Taped By: Mike Millard

Setlist:

01. Intro

02. Rock And Roll

03. Sick Again

04. Over The Hills And Far Away

05. In My Time Of Dying

06. The Song Remains The Same

07. The Rain Song (cut in middle due to tape flip)

08. Kashmir

09. Since I've Been Loving You

10. No Quarter (cut in middle due to tape flip)

11. Trampled Underfoot

12. Moby Dick (cut in middle due to tape flip)

13. Dazed And Confused (cut in middle due to tape flip)

14. Stairway To Heaven

15. Whole Lotta Love

16. Black Dog

Length: 217:58

Fav. Non 77 No Quarter.

Ive heard these 1st gen releases are not much better so Im just sticking with what I have. Deep Throat III

Ah, but Deep Throat isn't the complete show for 3/27. The only complete version of the show is the version done by Winston, where he patched the gaps in the Millard recording with the alternate audience recording source. So, even if you pass up the Millard versions on Dime, be sure to get ahold of that Winston Remasters unaltered/patched version at least. Otherwise, you miss out on "Dazed and Confused" and a few other songs being complete.

I like these 1st gens. They are all great if for no other reason than the accurate lineage. I think that what many people are finding lacking may actually be from years of hearing the Millard tapes artificially boosted on bootlegs. These versions show the recordings as Mike had made them himself, with dolby noise-reduction, and transferred using a Nakamichi deck.

The June 23rd, 1977 version I've listened to is the best ever for the Millard source for that show. Even with all of those problems on the recording.

June 25, 1977 is the best recorded, IMO.

Yeah I'd agree with that although the concert itself did have some PA problems that werent present on the 25th.

The 75 LA shows have always been underated for some reason, even before the latest raft of SB's started to come out they were rarely singled out dispite the last two nights having a great combination of performance and recording quality.

Recently listened to these shows, on the 27th OFHAFA , Jimmy's solo juat seems never ending, it's great!!

Also, on the 24th or 25th, Jimmy plays a bit of The Rover prior to WLL...

Great gigs though.. Great imo version of Kashmir from the 27th too,

and i love the 'Loving You' segment in D+C from the 27th too...

Have to say, the 27th is fast becoming one my fave boots, the past two days

i have listened from Kashmir to Black Dog, including full listening to NQ, Moby Dick and D+C,

tremendous indeed, one of my fave Zep shows...

Have the 'Deep Throat' set as i havn't seen any direct links to the WR version....

I just listened to this show yesterday as I worked in the yard. I think it sounds great especially over my outdoor speakers. It's one of those boots I can crank up and not have to explain to the moderate Zep fans that it's a boot and the sound quality isn't all that good. They say "wow, what's this? I've never heard this before".

It's one of the best of 75.

I have the Deep Throat collection, but after reading cookieshoes' post above, do I need to upgrade?

I just listened to this show yesterday as I worked in the yard. I think it sounds great especially over my outdoor speakers. It's one of those boots I can crank up and not have to explain to the moderate Zep fans that it's a boot and the sound quality isn't all that good. They say "wow, what's this? I've never heard this before".

It's one of the best of 75.

I have the Deep Throat collection, but after reading cookieshoes' post above, do I need to upgrade?

You should pick up the Winston Version for 3/27/75 for sure. It's from a 1st gen of the Millard recording, and has the gaps filled with an alternate audience source. You get to hear the longest ever "Dazed and Confused" in all of its complete glory. Empress Valley's Deep Throat version of 3/27/75 doesn't have the gaps filled for some reason. You can find the Winston Version over at royal orleans.

I just listened to this show yesterday as I worked in the yard. I think it sounds great especially over my outdoor speakers. It's one of those boots I can crank up and not have to explain to the moderate Zep fans that it's a boot and the sound quality isn't all that good.

Well said.

Archived