Carlos Santana to cover Led Zeppelin on new album

zeppphead

Carlos Santana knows all too well the power of collaborations with the stars following the extraordinary success of 1999's Supernatural

2839387_2839387.jpg

The album saw the Brazilian guitar legend ride high on the wave of Latino music's peak in popularity towards the end of that decade.

Hoping to recreate some of the magic that spawned 'Smooth', the final number one single of the twentieth century, as well as winning nine Grammy awards, Santana is set to release a new album featuring Rapper Nas, Joe Cocker, Chris Cornell and The Doors' legendary keyboard-player Ray Manzarek.

Nas performs AC/DC's 'Back In Black', embellished with the legendary guitar-lick-treatment from the smooth Brazilian, while Cocker takes on Jimi Hendrix's 'Little Wing'. Manzarek joins Santana for a new take on The Doors' 'Riders on the Storm', and while the guitarist insists the updated version of the song is "really far out and psychedelic", and though there is always room for improvement, it must always be queried whether some classics should remain untouched.

Led Zeppelin fans may also fear for 'Whole Lot of Love' after receiving the Chris Cornell treatment, particularly after his recent, er, interesting adventures with Hip Hop producer and self-proclaimed hit machine, Timbaland. Your magic didn't work for Chris there Tim!

Led Zeppelin fans may also fear for 'Whole Lot of Love' after receiving the Chris Cornell treatment, particularly after his recent, er, interesting adventures with Hip Hop producer and self-proclaimed hit machine, Timbaland. Your magic didn't work for Chris there Tim!

When was this (or am I reading this wrong)?

I couldn't help myself...i had to email the following to that site that wrote that article:

"Gosh i dunno, somebody must have corrected ya'll by now but if not...

Carlos Santana was born July 20, 1947, in Autlán de Navarro, Mexico...'In 1955' the family moved from Autlán de Navarro to Tijuana' ..'In the early 1960s, Santana moved again with his family, this time to San Francisco'

So i don't understand how your 'journalist' who wrote that article got that he was Brazilian..?? I mean i got this information from biography.com...do your 'journalists' not check stuff like this before they write it...or how bout your editor?? COM'ON PEOPLE!!

Sincerely,"

Damn, its an award-winning, prominent Irish music magazine founded in 1977 and edited by famous music journalist Niall Stokes, an Ex-Chairman of the Independent Radio and Television Commission..... :o

Damn, its an award-winning, prominent Irish music magazine founded in 1977 and edited by famous music journalist Niall Stokes, an Ex-Chairman of the Independent Radio and Television Commission..... :o

Wow..serously? Oh now you tell me...after i went and made an ass of myself...hmm.. or did i? ((lol))

But really, how did they let that go thru the way it was, now you kinda have to stop and think if any of that article is true now dont-cha?

Oh man, for a second i thought that everything I knew about Santana was wrong.....haha dumb journalists are going to be the destroyers of the world before all the nukes launch.

AMEN Brother!!!!!!!!!!

Archived