hendrix or mj?

babyzoso

I was wondering since LZ started their career before Jimi Hendrix died did he mention them at all before he died? I know he never met the band but someone from here said Jimi met Jimmy but i wasn't for sure if it was true. As for Michael Jackson did he even met one of the members before like since he's friend with a bunch of rockstars i want to know did he knew of the LZ members?

He did mention them and he wasn't exactly overwhelmed by their glory. I think he said something like that they are just a lot of excess and don't say much to him!! I might remember things a bit incorectly, so somebody please correct me if I am wrong! I think I also read that hendrix liked Bonzo, because of his fast foot triplets. I wish Hendrix would hear more albums, i'm shure he would like them more and more, but perhaps his comments at the time were also a reaction to the fact, that when Led Zeppelin came to the scene, they were so much better then anybody!!

The only one who actually meet Hendrix, was Jimmy Page in a club and Hendrix was very wasted from drugs obviously. Jimmy didn't talk to him on that occasion and they never played together and he also never played with any other member!

As for Michael Jackson, I don't know.He probably meet them in the 80's, if he did. In the seventies they were huge and he wasn't. Anyway in the eighties and nineties, his face was changing so much, they probably wouldn't recognise him, form one meeting to another!!:P

• 2 weeks later...

They were i guess, yeah!! But they were more of a group, even if Michael was sort of a frontman. I just thought he might have not been big enough in the seventies!

All 5 of the Jacksons were very well known in the 70s......Michael was the most well known, from '69 on. They were very very big

Long time ago i went to Blabbermouth.com Carmine Appice the drummer from Vanilla Fudge and one Bonzo's friend claims Hendrix didn't like LZ because of the plagiarism. Now i'm not saying he's a liar but how does Jimi knows if they really were plagiarists if he didn't check them out like you said he hardly was interested in them so i doubt he knew about the whole plagiarism and plus he died too soon. However i did heard Jimi said he was amazed by Bonzo i'm not for sure is that one true either.

I remember Page mentioning in an interview that he never got the chance to see Jimi play, even though he said at the time, he had plenty of chances to, regardless of what his schedule was at the time.

But Mitch Mitchell and Jimmy Page were session musicians in the same area, at the same time, so odds are they had worked together at least once. One of Mitchell's pre-Experience bands was on Pye Records, so odds are very likely Page touched up their songs a bit.

By that time, I doubt Hendrix was doing much sitting down and listening to other people's records. If it was being played on the radio or in the club, that's what he heard, and prob. saw the back of the album cover, heard through friends about Page and Beck having a rift, and not to mention being the backing guitarist for just about every R&B group in the 60s? He already knew the original versions, but the only way he would've thought anything about them would've been to see them live. He just didn't have that kind of time. I think Jimi went mostly on hearsay more than listening to their music.

But Jimi did record part of "Electric Ladyland" at the same place Led Zep would record the first album.

And supposedly Tim Rose's version of "Hey Joe" prompted Hendrix to cover that particular version his way.

Archived