Is Led Zeppelin everywhere

McSeven

Whenever there is a new rock band that comes out. I read a lot of musical journalist compare them to Zeppelin. I see a lot of people with Zeppelin t-shirts. In your own life, do you feel the presence of Zep. Its rare that I go a week without someone bringing them up in some sort of context.

Mc7

Despite their massive popularity I don't think they are universally accepted in the way the Beatles are so no not everywhere. Honestly I think that is a good thing. Once anything becomes so commonplace that the mainstream swallows it up and makes it safe for public consumption for those that favor the safe middle ground it loses it's edge. That's what happened to the Beatles and though it certainly hasn't hurt their marketability it seems to have forever branded them as a pop band when they were so much more. When it starts to become more about the brand than the music something is lost, and yes I mean brand not band.

Despite their massive popularity I don't think they are universally accepted in the way the Beatles are so no not everywhere. Honestly I think that is a good thing. Once anything becomes so commonplace that the mainstream swallows it up and makes it safe for public consumption for those that favor the safe middle ground it loses it's edge. That's what happened to the Beatles and though it certainly hasn't hurt their marketability it seems to have forever branded them as a pop band when they were so much more. When it starts to become more about the brand than the music something is lost, and yes I mean brand not band.

I see your point. I think that Zep will be cool forever because they don't have a pop image. They are mysterious. Justin Beiber and the rest are doomed to be pop trash forever.

:yesnod:

"TRAITOR"

You are Permantly off my christmasss list untill you post a 1000 word appology. :mad:

Not Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Tell Mrs Ally that i am now on Her side in every Domestic Despute between the two of you, i know now how you can break a persons heart by saying nothing, and your saying that too loudly. :o

Strangely enough it's me that brings up the latest happenings involved with the band and the members.I may mention some Zep trivia (if remembered) if it pertains to the conversation at the time too.

I stop before their eyes glaze over though.

Sadly,I don't see enough Zep T-shirts around.

In the US Walmart racks are full of 'em, IMO not a good thing.

I see your point danelectro.

I'm not sure about the big cities here,but around my area the shirts are reasonably expensive and pretty well made.Therefore you don't see every second person wearing (and tearing) one.

Actually, I was happy & "impressed" that Wal-Mart even knew who LZ was let alone sell LZ merchandise. I own 2 LZ shirts from there. I do not think this is a bad thing. Maybe there is a little boy looking for inspiration and buys a LZ shirt and has no clue who it is but likes it b/c it's "cool". I have not yet saw another person with the same shirts as me. Every body has their own taste. This would be mine.........

Archived