6/22/77 and 6/26/77 L.A. Furom

Misfit

These are the only 2 nights from L.A. that i don't have. How good are they compared to the other nights at the Forum?

I feel that the shows of the 21st, 23rd and 25th are the best of the five I've heard. I don't have the one on the 22nd. But the ones I've mentioned are regarded as the best of their Forum run in 1977.

Have a listen...

22nd

26th ("Nobody's Fault But Mine" skipped, it was good though)

The 26th is my second favorite of the week.

If you can get both, do so. That whole week was great.

Edit: the tape quality is not the greatest, but listenable.

Thanks for sharing the links. The 22nd is great too. Especially love "No Quarter" and "Kashmir". Jimmy is crazy during the blues jam on NQ. A bit similar to the one on the 23rd, but more of a Jerry Lee Lewis or Little Richard piano boogie type jam.

If we had a decent recording for the 22nd it would be more highly regarded. The show on the 22nd blows the opening night's show out of the water but the 21st is considered a better show because of the stellar recording for it.

I was listening to the show from the link above of the 22nd, and the sound quality does vary. I plan to go through the rest of the show, but so far, No Quarter is great, but Kashmir is phenomenal. One for the ages! May be their best ever version. Although, two of their versions from The Forum during this six night stand stand up quite well. These being from the 21st and 25th.

If I'm not mistaken, don't most of the common June 22nd 'boots' comprise of several different sources to complete the show? And I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that the 'main' source for the 22nd recording and the 26th were taped by the same people; they have similar sound quality IMO. For sure, the 22nd probably is a better performance than the 21st, but all the LA shows were phenomenal. June 27th is probably my favourite, though.

If I'm not mistaken, don't most of the common June 22nd 'boots' comprise of several different sources to complete the show? And I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that the 'main' source for the 22nd recording and the 26th were taped by the same people; they have similar sound quality IMO. For sure, the 22nd probably is a better performance than the 21st, but all the LA shows were phenomenal. June 27th is probably my favourite, though.

Correct on one of the tapers being the source for recordings on the 22nd and 26th. I forgot which sources for each show he was responsible for but his name is Ed F. The recordings are commonly referred to as the E.F. source.

I just got the 25th and geeeeeez. Jimmys guitar sounds like its tuned up to G, even when he switches guitars. What a bad show. Nothing is going to ever top Eddie haha.

Jimmy's playing on the 25th is better than all the other nights imo... Even Badgeholders.

No love for the 27th? That's a good show...the acoustic set kicks ass!

The band does sound kinda tired on the 25th and 26th to me. You can tell they're out for blood at the first three shows.

Maybe they hung out with Moonie a bit too long?

Archived