What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I'm working on an updated version of the May 21, 1977 remaster. I used to think this version of Trampled Underfoot was a bit lackluster, but this remastered version with the guitar and keyboards panned in both channels really made me rethink that opinion as it gives a cool impression of how overwhelming it must have been to hear the song performed live. However, the thing that cinched my newfound appreciation for this performance is Bonzo absolutely taking over the song for 30 seconds. The sample below starts right before he and Jimmy almost lose their connection. A few seconds after that, Bonzo goes on a tear, and just when you think he's letting up, he goes into overdrive.

Edited by SteveZ98

12 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

I'm working on an updated version of the May 21, 1977 remaster. I used to think this version of Trampled Underfoot was a bit lackluster, but this remastered version with the guitar and keyboards panned in both channels really made me rethink that opinion as it gives a cool impression of how overwhelming it must have been to hear the song performed live. However, the thing that cinched my newfound appreciation for this performance is Bonzo absolutely taking over the song for 30 seconds. The sample below starts right before he and Jimmy almost lose their connection. A few seconds after that, Bonzo goes on a tear, and just when you think he's letting up, he goes into overdrive.

Looking forward to hearing the new version of the whole show.  I can still remember the original How the Time Flies remaster, how much excitement there was among my friends as that version circulated way back when.  I am listening to No Quarter right now from the first release of the Stereo Project of this show.  Fantastic.

51 years on...

The Ally Pally was a cold place but Jimmy's guitar is 🔥

This show also demonstrates the Americanized patter of Robert Plant. Just as he frequently would talk about 'soccer' instead of 'football' (no Englishman I know says 'soccer', it's always 'football'), Plant here (and on many other 1972-73 shows where they did "Dancing Days") mentions "high school" instead of the English term "secondary school".

Edited by Strider