Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Virginia

Coming November 19, 2010:

And JKR with Oprah re: the possibility of another book (does this sort of speculation sound at all familiar? lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NA6a_3XHg

This interview took place at the Balmoral Hotel, Princes Street, Edinburgh. I recognise the street outside of the hotel suite - the North Bridge. Jo Murray uses the Balmoral quite a bit even although her mansion is only two miles away. She finished the last Potter novel while staying at the Balmoral, and duly signed a large ornament in the suite to that effect. The staff then had to remove the artefact before it could be stolen!

She still writes whilst in cafes in Edinburgh - I have seen her in one in the Grassmarket, and she was recently seen in a large cafe in Bruntsfield Place, sitting at the back.

This interview took place at the Balmoral Hotel, Princes Street, Edinburgh. I recognise the street outside of the hotel suite - the North Bridge. Jo Murray uses the Balmoral quite a bit even although her mansion is only two miles away. She finished the last Potter novel while staying at the Balmoral, and duly signed a large ornament in the suite to that effect. The staff then had to remove the artefact before it could be stolen!

She still writes whilst in cafes in Edinburgh - I have seen her in one in the Grassmarket, and she was recently seen in a large cafe in Bruntsfield Place, sitting at the back.

Anyone know if the character Dolores Umbridge (played by Imelda staunton) will be featured in this one?

I've got to re-read the book before November; I have only read this one once, and it took me forever because I didn't want to get to the end. :( I think Umbridge may be in it again, but don't remember for sure.

I used to participate on a Harry Potter discussion board about 5 years ago and miss all the anticipation; I've really enjoyed this series.

I stayed at a hotel on Princess Street in Edinburgh last summer. The street was torn up as they were adding a trolley line to the street. I did visit the cafe where JK Rowling wrote "The Sorcerer's Stone". I think that it is now a Chinese restaraunt, if I remember correctly.

I loved all of the Harry Potter books, more so than the movies. I am looking forward to the latest movie in November. I will have to read the last book again before the movie comes out, too, Virginia, as I can't remember much about it. Thanks for posting this topic. :)

It's fascinating how she came up with the concept; it's a fairly universal theme, but the story itself is so incredibly detailed. It would be great if she were ever to write a book about the Marauders, or Harry etc. as adults, although it's probably as unlikely as another Zeppelin reunion :):witch::wizard:

• 1 month later...

Coming November 19, 2010:

And JKR with Oprah re: the possibility of another book (does this sort of speculation sound at all familiar? lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NA6a_3XHg

Big Harry Potter fan here! :D Really looking forward to seeing the latest movie sometime! I do prefer the books to the movies but the movies do have their own charm to them too! B)

I really like Harry Potter, I have all the films on DVD and I'm really looking forward to watching the final two films. But I have confess I haven't read the books! :blush: I know the books are a lot more detailed than the films which miss out huge sections of the story, both my mum and sister have read them and said that. Maybe when I have seen the last two films I should start reading the books! :D

I've read all the books, but I saw the first 2 films before I began reading them. From that point on I read the book first. It's interesting how the progression of film directors has evolved with the series, too. Order of the Phoenix is probably the book I've read the most times, but the film I've seen the least (I think only once all the way through). Goblet of Fire is my favorite of the books.

I am really looking forward to seeing this one, but I probably won't catch it for at least another week, maybe not until the December holidays because our schedule is so crazy until then.

Archived