Jimmy Page Attends First Ever Brighton Music Awards

SteveAJones

Jimmy Page attends Brighton Music Awards

by Naomi Loomes

Wednesday 17th November 2010

Rock legends including Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and The Who's Roger Daltrey came to Brighton to praise the city's music scene.

A star studded evening yesterday saw some of the most respected names in rock and roll rub shoulders with young musicians as part of the first ever Brighton Music Awards.

The event at The Brighton Centre sold out before tickets were officially put on sale and raised thousands of pounds for the Teenage Cancer Trust (TCT).

After the awards artists and guests went to The Grand Hotel for an after party which saw Jimmy Page go round and talk to the musicians.

He said: "I really enjoyed all the acts. There is a great energy from what is obviously a great music scene down here. As for myself, I have enjoyed plenty of weekends in Brighton, living as I did, up the road in Plumpton."

20101116001withBrightonperformerJoHarman.jpg

Jimmy Page with Brighton performer Jo Hartman

http://www.theargus....n_Music_Awards/

This reminds me of what Jeff Beck said about him trying to get Jimmy to work together...

As much as I love Jeff Beck I don't see where the benefit is for Jimmy to team up with him. They tried that already in the Yardbirds and Jeff walked out mid-tour. Page probably would rather maintain their friendship than go through a huge ego ordeal all over again.

As much as I love Jeff Beck I don't see where the benefit is for Jimmy to team up with him. They tried that already in the Yardbirds and Jeff walked out mid-tour. Page probably would rather maintain their friendship than go through a huge ego ordeal all over again.

Who knows....but probably true. But I'd love to see the two of them tour together.

DRINKING JIMMY PAGE UNDER THE TABLE

withGuyLloydatBrightonMusicAwards.jpg

Jimmy & Guy, Brighton Music Awards, November 16, 2010

Photo courtesy Guy Lloyd

Hello. It's late, I'm hung-over and tired and Apprentice is on in twenty minutes, so I'll keep this brief; I drank Jimmy Page under the table last night. I was hosting the Brighton Music Awards at the Brighton Centre last night and our Guests of Honour were Roger Daltrey and Jimmy Page; rock royalty indeed.

The after show party was at the Grand Hotel, a very grand hotel. Daltry pulled out (no doubt mindful of my wild partying reputation) but Page stayed on. There were a lot of people down there but I kept a close eye on him throughout the evening, determined to drink this living legend under a posh Grand Hotel table. He went to the bar, I soon followed. He took his time with a drink, so did I. I matched his drinking pattern, almost identically, until the crucial moment arrived; Page went to bed. Yes! One more drink and I can say, 'I drank Jimmy Page under the table.' I had half a lager and I was done. I was triumphant, Page was cleaning his teeth. Victory was mine.

Until, that is, the next day, when I discovered Jimmy Page doesn't drink. His tumbler glasses, looking like neat vodka from afar, were simply small glasses of Sussex spring water. Bugger. So, it wasn't really a drinking competition at all.

But I still drank Jimmy Page under the table, right?

Guy Lloyd

DRINKING JIMMY PAGE UNDER THE TABLE

withGuyLloydatBrightonMusicAwards.jpg

Jimmy & Guy, Brighton Music Awards, November 16, 2010

Photo courtesy Guy Lloyd

Hello. It's late, I'm hung-over and tired and Apprentice is on in twenty minutes, so I'll keep this brief; I drank Jimmy Page under the table last night. I was hosting the Brighton Music Awards at the Brighton Centre last night and our Guests of Honour were Roger Daltrey and Jimmy Page; rock royalty indeed.

The after show party was at the Grand Hotel, a very grand hotel. Daltry pulled out (no doubt mindful of my wild partying reputation) but Page stayed on. There were a lot of people down there but I kept a close eye on him throughout the evening, determined to drink this living legend under a posh Grand Hotel table. He went to the bar, I soon followed. He took his time with a drink, so did I. I matched his drinking pattern, almost identically, until the crucial moment arrived; Page went to bed. Yes! One more drink and I can say, 'I drank Jimmy Page under the table.' I had half a lager and I was done. I was triumphant, Page was cleaning his teeth. Victory was mine.

Until, that is, the next day, when I discovered Jimmy Page doesn't drink. His tumbler glasses, looking like neat vodka from afar, were simply small glasses of Sussex spring water. Bugger. So, it wasn't really a drinking competition at all.

But I still drank Jimmy Page under the table, right?

Guy Lloyd

I'm not surprised Jimmy doesn't drink anymore (if that is indeed true) his liver would have taken punishment enough!

I'm not surprised Jimmy doesn't drink anymore (if that is indeed true) his liver would have taken punishment enough!

I've heard he's been a teetotaler for at least 7 or 8 years at this point, I was actually a bit concerned when I started reading this article!

Archived