Favorite song off of TSRTS

JiMiHeNdRiX1967

There are many good things on there, but I'm with Jahfin and the others on this one - No Quarter. It's a great song, very obviously inspired by Joni Mitchell - I think there may be a couple of nods to her Woodstock in there - if a little louder than her stuff at the time. It was a recent song at the time so it's fresh for them; the version on TSRTS has been tampered with very little (apart from the unnecessary cut made on the remastered version), and there's a real immediacy to it. Great jam, but not over-extended, and Jimmy's solo is one of his very best, period.

My favorite song of TSRTS is TSRTS.I think they played it better sometimes but I enjoy this song always.

One of my favorites, but I think they played it best in 1977 in Los Angeles, especially from LTTE on June 21st. The intro is the best part of it.

One of my favorites, but I think they played it best in 1977 in Los Angeles, especially from LTTE on June 21st. The intro is the best part of it.

Yeah that is an awesome version...Then again that bootleg almost sounds better than The original TSRTS album :D. Personally for me any live version trumps the studio recording. Can't say i like what page did with the vocals and his guitar sounds a little too bright on that track, maybe even tinny if i may. On TSRTS my favorite is always either No Quarter or Celebration day.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first album I bought it has a lot of sentimental value for me

I have lots of favorite songs and I included some of my favorite video parts I especially like the full band camera shots and the audience camera shots Ive always thought these helped capture the spirit of the concert best

WLL the heartbreaker intro, the energy of the WLL riff, theremin and spaced out section, and of course the boogie-woogie section at the end... oh yeah

TSRTS-I really like that pulled back camera view of the full band during the intro

SIBLY awesome, also always liked the Close Ups of Jimmy playing guitar on this one and the chilled out crowd shots

RNR

D+C Especially the intro, San Francisco cover and The camera shot between JPJ and JB when there joking around

The rain song is incredible.

Remastered Bonus songs are all a favorites but the Ocean really does it for me, especially the JB intro, page's guitar slide type embellishment between the main riff, the camera view of the full band and the audience, and the classic rock 'n roll type rthymn section at the end... great to see live,

Is ther a chance to listen to that.Can´t get enough.My favorite version so far is the Earls court bootleg one.So much energie.

Still wonder why not alot of people vote in this topic here for "Dazed and Confuse"?

Yeah that is an awesome version...Then again that bootleg almost sounds better than The original TSRTS album :D. Personally for me any live version trumps the studio recording. Can't say i like what page did with the vocals and his guitar sounds a little too bright on that track, maybe even tinny if i may. On TSRTS my favorite is always either No Quarter or Celebration day.

Can´t agree on that.The bright sound is perfect for a bright song and bright intension.It is not dark metal.(I don´t mind this music).

A friend who was not a fan of Zepplin was knocked out by this unusual song right from the start.The sharp octave 12 string is innovative and pushes you up..

There is also a great Youtube version of a flamenco player you got to hear of it.

Archived