YES

leddy

There was a thread, but I cannot find it so thought will start this one then it can merge with the old one if found, the search facility has no returns for YES.

#

Ok on to the topic.....I am sure there are some fans out there of this Prog Rock group, Fave albums, "Close to the Edge", "Relayer", "Going for the One" "Drama" and "90125"...no no's are or is "Tales from Topographic Oceans", no wonder Rick Wakeman ordered take away curries during the shows of this album :)

There was a thread, but I cannot find it so thought will start this one then it can merge with the old one if found, the search facility has no returns for YES.

#

Ok on to the topic.....I am sure there are some fans out there of this Prog Rock group, Fave albums, "Close to the Edge", "Relayer", "Going for the One" "Drama" and "90125"...no no's are or is "Tales from Topographic Oceans", no wonder Rick Wakeman ordered take away curries during the shows of this album :)

leddy, You must of known I would come flying to this thread!! :lol: I hope some other people will come onto the thread too. I joined YesFans, but honestly the site is a nightmare to navigate. I haven't made a single post because I'm having trouble even finding the forums.

Well, I've met several nice friends here anyhow so that's okay! :) Yeah, let me take care of something offline and I will post something on this thread relevant for sure.

P.S. It may be a surprise to some since I like the band so much that I only have what I call the golden trilogy of their work----The Yes album, Fragile, and Close to the Edge. Oh, and Going for the One. What others should I check out from their classic period?..... missy

Close to the Edge is Prog at its finest. The whole album is nothing but perfection in a genre where so many bands do so much work to achieve perfection, they often miss it.

Yes is probably top 3 for me, behind King Crimson and Van Der Graaf Generator. And as a King Crimson fan, thanks for Bill Bruford :P

Here it is. When searching for previous threads it's never easy to find them with the most obvious terms sometimes. I believe some words like "yes" aren't even searchable because they're too short or because it's such a common word that the amount of results would be astronomical. I found the thread by using a band member's name (in this case "Wakeman").

leddy, You must of known I would come flying to this thread!! :lol: I hope some other people will come onto the thread too. I joined YesFans, but honestly the site is a nightmare to navigate. I haven't made a single post because I'm having trouble even finding the forums.

Well, I've met several nice friends here anyhow so that's okay! :) Yeah, let me take care of something offline and I will post something on this thread relevant for sure.

P.S. It may be a surprise to some since I like the band so much that I only have what I call the golden trilogy of their work----The Yes album, Fragile, and Close to the Edge. Oh, and Going for the One. What others should I check out from their classic period?..... missy

Relayer, Drama and 90125 are all good albums.

Close to the Edge is Prog at its finest. The whole album is nothing but perfection in a genre where so many bands do so much work to achieve perfection, they often miss it.

Your right there. The other prog bands bored the pants off me, YES on the other hand were musicians musicians, nd dam fine live too.

Here it is. When searching for previous threads it's never easy to find them with the most obvious terms sometimes. I believe some words like "yes" aren't even searchable because they're too short or because it's such a common word that the amount of results would be astronomical. I found the thread by using a band member's name (in this case "Wakeman").

Excellent well done ! seems I was the last on their anyway 2 years ago, but thanks for your efforts.

Other prog bands just bore me silly too. Yes is different in that you get melody and emotional/spiritual content, in addition to the complex song structures and sterling musicianship. It makes their music that much more powerful. I don't understand Jon's exotic spiritual beliefs - something to do with sun worship possibly? - but it doesn't even matter. He sings with such rapturous conviction it totally transports you.

My favorite album is Going for the One, and not just because of the naked bloke on the cover :)

Other prog bands just bore me silly too. Yes is different in that you get melody and emotional/spiritual content, in addition to the complex song structures and sterling musicianship. It makes their music that much more powerful. I don't understand Jon's exotic spiritual beliefs - something to do with sun worship possibly? - but it doesn't even matter. He sings with such rapturous conviction it totally transports you.

My favorite album is Going for the One, and not just because of the naked bloke on the cover :)

I think Awaken is a great track, Parellels also is agood track.

Hey people the original thread has been found and if you do not want the forum police knocking on your door, then go over to The YES Thread for debate on The Band YES, if you like we can keep this thread going about things you like to say Yes too. <_< If not we can give this topic a burial and let mods delete it.

A bit like compare the meercats.com or compare the markets.com......................................SIMPLES (followed by the little noise he makes).

AWAKEN ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT! Saw their last classic lineup tour in the new symphony hall in Newark New Jersey. At the end of Awaken I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I looked around, sheepishly, to find 2 other guys in my row with the same reaction. Yes had kind of re-discovered the track live.

I imagine it akin to touching the face of God! Spiritual is an understatement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ut-xzVSbHg

I've been a fan for years and have seen them live since the Tales tour. To me they are timeless. (even with the outdated synth sounds).

AWAKEN ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT! Saw their last classic lineup tour in the new symphony hall in Newark New Jersey. At the end of Awaken I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I looked around, sheepishly, to find 2 other guys in my row with the same reaction. Yes had kind of re-discovered the track live.

I imagine it akin to touching the face of God! Spiritual is an understatement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ut-xzVSbHg

I've been a fan for years and have seen them live since the Tales tour. To me they are timeless. (even with the outdated synth sounds).

Think the forum police are sleeping so nipped in :bagoverhead:, yes great track, had the fortune to to see the Wakeman lineup about 7 years ago at the Hammersmith Apollo or whatever its called now.

Think the forum police are sleeping so nipped in :bagoverhead:, yes great track, had the fortune to to see the Wakeman lineup about 7 years ago at the Hammersmith Apollo or whatever its called now.

Hi Leddy

Oh I just thought I would give you the chance to Up your Total Post Count. :D

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Yes Yes Yes, I've never seen them, don't own an Album unless you count the ones I'm holding for my brother who buggered off to Japan in the early 80s, and I have no wish to, is that back on Topic enough for you Leddy? :lol:

Hi Leddy

Oh I just thought I would give you the chance to Up your Total Post Count. :D

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Yes Yes Yes, I've never seen them, don't own an Album unless you count the ones I'm holding for my brother who buggered off to Japan in the early 80s, and I have no wish to, is that back on Topic enough for you Leddy? :lol:

:bagoverhead::bagoverhead: :bagoverhead:

Japan one of those brill 80's bands that am sure you just loved PMSL, Yes indeed Tales from TOPIC GRAPHIC OCEANS, gee even a toffee nose git like me cannot stomach that one. Right I am getting out here before the Forum police arrive.

Archived