Where are the song lyrics here?

missytootsweet

Hi,

I feel silly having to ask this question, but you know I am a newbie around here.:rolleyes:

Okay, I've checked all around the site and can't locate any Led Zeppelin song lyrics. I'm not talking about a particular song, but their whole catalog.

I know they must be here (since this is the official site), but I can't seem to find them under the main headings i.e. Discography, etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank-you. :) missy

Hi,

I feel silly having to ask this question, but you know I am a newbie around here.:rolleyes:

Okay, I've checked all around the site and can't locate any Led Zeppelin song lyrics. I'm not talking about a particular song, but their whole catalog.

I know they must be here (since this is the official site), but I can't seem to find them under the main headings i.e. Discography, etc.

Yes I can Missy. :D

http://www.azlyrics.com/l/ledzeppelin.html

Regards, Danny

BIGDAN and NFBJ,

Hi. I appreciate the tips, but I know how to Google. I know there are other places to look up song lyrics. Are you telling me that on a website for a band that is marked the "official site" (which I presume to mean sanctioned) there is no song lyrics library?

I'm sorry if I seem so surprised. It's just that I've visited a few other sites that are "official sites" of various bands/singers and they always have the discography, the song lyrics, and normally all the songwriting credits as well. I trust an official website of an artist for accuracy FAR more than some site on Google selling a million ring tones alongside the lyrics.

It's okay. I'll find the lyrics if I need them via Google. I thought for sure they must be here somewhere since there is a lot of stuff here on the site.

Oh well, my error. Thanks for your replies. :) missy

Hi,

Well before you put a thread up....better triple check or someone on here might just make you look like a big **** :):slapface:

Led Zeppelin lyrics on the Led Zeppelin Official Forum would be a great addition. Would like Plant's blessing on their accuracy.

Hi Jabe,

Robert Plant doesn't know all the lyrics any more, he said as much in interviews during the Page and Plant Tours, one might wonder where all the transcripts of the songs were kept, or has altzy set in and all is now a blur? :slapface:

Regards, Danny

Hi Jabe,

Robert Plant doesn't know all the lyrics any more, he said as much in interviews during the Page and Plant Tours, one might wonder where all the transcripts of the songs were kept, or has altzy set in and all is now a blur? :slapface:

Regards, Danny

How's it going, BIGDAN? I didn't know that about Robert and his lyrics! Yeah, where in the world are the originals? Maybe some were written on soggy cocktail napkins. And I've been craving the definitive book to his Led Zeppelin lyrics for years.

Hi Jabe,

where all the transcripts of the songs were kept, or has altzy set in and all is now a blur? :slapface:

Regards, Danny

Well I can only think that they are all "in a house, a very big house in the country" :)......................................Blur etc :slapface:

How's it going, BIGDAN? I didn't know that about Robert and his lyrics! Yeah, where in the world are the originals? Maybe some were written on soggy cocktail napkins. And I've been craving the definitive book to his Led Zeppelin lyrics for years.

Hi Jabe, AOK mate,

I was told that Robert wrote the lyrics down on the Backs, Bottoms and Breasts of Young Virgins, :o then Jimmy had to go sacrifice them, :slapface: so all is lost. :(

I think we need to pin Robert down to a night on this forum and go through all his catologue of songs, and give his fans a once and for all definitive answer, any ideas how we could do this? :whistling:

Regards, Danny

Edited by BIGDAN

Hi Jabe, AOK mate,

I was told that Robert wrote the lyrics down on the Backs, Bottoms and Breasts of Young Virgins, :o then Jimmy had to go sacrifice them, :slapface: so all is lost. :(

I think we need to pin Robert down to a night on this forum and go through all his catologue of songs, and give his fans a once and for all definitive answer, any ideas how we could do this? :whistling:

Regards, Danny

BIGDAN, you never disappoint when comes to the issue of problem solving. You've presented a great idea that needs sturdy legs to support it. (would we need visual confirmation on the sacrificial surfaces that rendered our beloved lyrics?)

BIGDAN, you never disappoint when comes to the issue of problem solving. You've presented a great idea that needs sturdy legs to support it. (would we need visual confirmation on the sacrificial surfaces that rendered our beloved lyrics?)

Hi Jabe,

I once met a Young Virgin who had a vast amount of Blackheads and Spots on her Arse, I casually asked how she got them and she swore Robert had put them there and that they were neither Blackheads or Spots but that they were in actual fact, the Lyrics to Stairway to Heaven................. in Braille. :slapface: I felt them a little, but to my untrained fingers it said "£17.50" whether that was the price she paid or the price she charged I don't know but I didn't stay around long enough to find out. :o As for pictures, no, she had become a Vampire and could not be photographed, you can thank Jimmy for that one. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

I'm glad you guys find this so hysterical. :lol: Me too.

Later..............does anyone think it's a good idea? Perhaps worthy of dropping in the suggestion box? I know,-- more hysterical laughter. :lol: Me too.

Much Later.....How about this for a theory. You stick a little box marked "Lyrics" on the "Home" page of the site where all those other boxes are. Then people come and click on the lyrics box and notice the other site features. They decide to hang around and discover what a cool site it is and whammo....membership goes up, up, up!

No the last one was serious.....I think anyhow. (insert smiley/tape over my mouth) :) missy

Hi,

They used to be a part of the site but when it was redesigned around the time the site became "official", the lyrics went missing. I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind that.

They used to be a part of the site but when it was redesigned around the time the site became "official", the lyrics went missing. I'm not sure what the reasoning was behind that.

Thank-you. Now that is relevant information to the thread! :bravo: It is a real mystery then. I wonder why they went missing?

Hmm...I do watch Columbo.....so I'll go out on a limb with my detective hat and guess maybe there were some copyright issues?

It only takes a couple left clicks to get to an outside site, therefore not a big deal. But wouldn't it be handy to have them all right here? :)

P.S. I hope they don't give me the boot for asking too many questions around here. :o ...........missy

Thank-you. Now that is relevant information to the thread! :bravo: It is a real mystery then. I wonder why they went missing?

Hmm...I do watch Columbo.....so I'll go out on a limb with my detective hat and guess maybe there were some copyright issues?

It only takes a couple left clicks to get to an outside site, therefore not a big deal. But wouldn't it be handy to have them all right here? :)

P.S. I hope they don't give me the boot for asking too many questions around here. :o ...........missy

I don't know if it's any big issue but I'd rather have them here than visit some of the lyrics sites out there. Quite a few are very iffy and not just from an accuracy standpoint.

It happens Missy. :o

Regards, Danny

BIGDAN, do you seriously mean it?

Maybe I should just quit?

Nah. Because I like all the information available on the site when you are a member of the community.

Plus, I've met some very nice people here too. So yes, I believe I'll hang around here awhile and just keep my fingers crossed. :) missy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad you guys find this so hysterical. :lol: Me too.

Later..............does anyone think it's a good idea? Perhaps worthy of dropping in the suggestion box? I know,-- more hysterical laughter. :lol: Me too.

Much Later.....How about this for a theory. You stick a little box marked "Lyrics" on the "Home" page of the site where all those other boxes are. Then people come and click on the lyrics box and notice the other site features. They decide to hang around and discover what a cool site it is and whammo....membership goes up, up, up!

No the last one was serious.....I think anyhow. (insert smiley/tape over my mouth) :) missy

just seeing this today, sorry.

missy, this is a GREAT idea! i would love to see official lyrics available here. i am sure other sites have many mistakes.

i wasn't a member of the old site, did it really have a lyrics section??? if so, why on earth aren't they on this one?

sam????????

Yes, it did. You can even ask Steve A. Jones or Swandown for confirmation.

no need, i believe you!

just can't think why they weren't included here .... :unsure:

and we have had threads in the past discussing correct lyrics before . ( custard pie and in my time of dying are two i remember ), so if official lyrics were once online for all to see, why did we have so many different guesses put forward?

thanks for your help. :)

• 3 weeks later...