This is what I think that Jimmy Page should do to get going again.

AlexKx

I defintely think that the way Jimmy Page should get going again is to start a new group. I also think doing one off performances with various artists before and after a couple of new studio l.p.s and tours done with this new group should be done with some people in all sorts of different types of venues. I also think he too should go out NOT playing any Led Zeppelin songs. Like Them Crooked Vultures did although that was Dave Grohl's group and not John Paul Jones'. (As a side note I do think that John Paul Jones should start his own new group.) I also think that it would serve Jimmy well to do some session work during this time period. I think this would get him going again in all manners of ways. I think after Jimmy does a couple of years of all of this that it would be good for him to do a solo studio l.p. and tour behind that. I think a tour for that would be the best place for him to start playing the Zeppeling songs as well. Then...that group can reunite.

Like Them Crooked Vultures did although that was Dave Grohl's group and not John Paul Jones'.

It may have been Dave's idea but JPJ MADE that band and it would not have been as successful without him and Dave and the rest of them know it.

I doubt very much if the interest, particularly among Zep aficionados would have been as great.

Who do you think arranged the music?

Lol! There's no question! God knows I would not have cared much about the group without him! I've waited years for Jones to do something and I'm still waiting for more INCLUDING more solo music. I am talking about the founding member who owns the right to the name of the group...is it not Dave Grohl? Besides if I recall Jone's name is also not first in the listings which means that he did not write as much of the music as some other person or persons...right?

On the album insert it says quite clearly:

Them Crooked Vultures IS Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, John Paul Jones

ALL songs written and produced by TCV.

So that implies THEY all contributed.

Yes Jimmy should get his finger out and do something, anything and soon!

Oh! Right so in actuality Dave Grohl and Joshua Homme wrote more than John Paul Jones. That explains some things. I and I know other people have said that the music is quite good but it also isn't as great as some say. I DESPERATELY wait for more new stuff from Mr. Jones hopefully sooner rather than later...

Oh! Right so in actuality Dave Grohl and Joshua Homme wrote more than John Paul Jones. That explains some things. I and I know other people have said that the music is quite good but it also isn't as great as some say. I DESPERATELY wait for more new stuff from Mr. Jones hopefully sooner rather than later...

No, it does not mean that, but, if and when they release a second album it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

Um...my understanding is that the order of the writers indicates who wrote most of the song to the least. Is that not right? Hence the big deal for example when Paul McCartney tried to swith the authorship of the Beatles song performed live on one of his live c.d. releases (in recent years) where it said McCartney/Lennon instead of Lennon/McCartney.

Um...my understanding is that the order of the writers indicates who wrote most of the song to the least. Is that not right? Hence the big deal for example when Paul McCartney tried to swith the authorship of the Beatles song performed live on one of his live c.d. releases (in recent years) where it said McCartney/Lennon instead of Lennon/McCartney.

That isn't necessarily always true and McCartney's actions were motivated by ego more than anything else.

It's just alphabetical order dumbass.:mellow:

I don´t think this would be a solution.

They got the power and possibilities to do whatever they like to do.

They probably wont release every bit they play with any other musician (like the XYZ stuff).

Probably they also jam alot.

Alot of people speculate why Jimmy is not putting out more stuff.(See the legacy topic)

I think there might be reasons for this, that nobody could imagen now....

In 1983 Jimmy told a friend of mine that he could not wait to start a new band but that he missed Bonzos power.

I can not understand this cause there were some drummers around who had a good force..

Also he had a pre-zeppelin time with diffrent drummers.

With XYZ he searched for new horizons beside the zeppelin but he had putted so many idears into the airship. Therefore he used

alot of the old ideals in his later projects again (violinbow and sitar-danelectro-with Firm & Coverdale/Page).

I always thought JP was the innovativ one but RP brought out some stuff (like the African drumming proj.)

that really is diffrent from what people expect from him.

Are you implying Jimmy should be the newcomer in a new supergroup? ...

. I also think he too should go out NOT playing any Led Zeppelin songs.

- That would be like asking Jimmy not go out playing the Guitar. He will without a doubt bust out Stairway, Achiles or Kashmir.

There is NO doubt about that.

I think he just can't find the right people to join him, he tried Steven Tyler got turned down, maybe he's feeling all confused.

It has certainly been a long time since Jimmy Rock n' Rolled though.

Well let me say while I don't think it would be easy by any means these ideas that only "the precious few" are able to play with the members of Led Zeppelin or AS Led Zeppelin is so self damning. The greatest missed opportunities of all time. REALLY, REALLY sad. I also don't want there to be shit music. I want it to be the best with whoever is doing what. That is not a lost or missed concept. But the golden opportunities are. This is the same thing that happened with Michael Jackson for a decade. At least he recorded new music. Seesh.

Well let me say while I don't think it would be easy by any means these ideas that only "the precious few" are able to play with the members of Led Zeppelin or AS Led Zeppelin is so self damning. The greatest missed opportunities of all time. REALLY, REALLY sad. I also don't want there to be shit music. I want it to be the best with whoever is doing what. That is not a lost or missed concept. But the golden opportunities are. This is the same thing that happened with Michael Jackson for a decade. At least he recorded new music. Seesh.

:accordian:

Archived