Unseen footage from Bath Festival 1970!

Kali

If things go well we will see very soon new, never seen before footage from Led Zeppelin at Bath Festival 28.06.1970!!! Let me tell you the story behind this. I've got a friend in England who knows some other guy whose father turned out to be Led Zep fan back in the 70's. Ron (that's his name) lived in Bristol in 1970. Having heard about upcoming music festival in Shepton Mallet, he deciced to attend it. Just three weeks before festival he received a new Super 8mm camera as a gift for his 22nd birthday. Ron intended to film his favorite band and so he did. The film reel with Led Zeppelin was safely stored in a small box in his parents house for all these years. Fortunately, Ron have rediscovered that reel last month. Now it has been transferred to digital. The footage itself is very good and the color hasn't faded noticeably. Unfortunately, the film is silent... It's 10 minutes long and there's only two songs (as Ron told me) captured - Immigrant Song and the beginning of How Many More Times. On my request Ron send me one still taken from his film. Here you can see it:

2rmtd08.jpg

The footage will be posted next week on Led Zeppelin Youtube channel!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ron at rutherfordronald@gmail.com

That's really cool because that was approximately the angle I was looking at the stage from! Unfortunately I was a lot further back and a lot of much taller people were standing in front of me . . :P That's obviously daylight, so just before or just as they came on, which I remember was right at sunset.

Yes, it was a joke. My apologies to you guys. As a matter of fact I expected it to be solved immediately (LedZep342 - that comparison you made - that's what I'm talking about). Oh, and that guy, Ronald Rutherford. I thought you would guess who's he:

21cgyms.jpg

:rolleyes:

Thank you guys for not bashing me :P Actually it was quite easy to "make" that still. And Ronald was one of the competitors in All-England Summarize Proust Competition - watch Monty Python's Flying Circus, episode 31 for this :D Oh, and he comes from Leicester, not from Bristol

Archived