Cleveland,OH-Richfield Coliseum April 27, 1977-1st night

DavidZoso

One of the first bootlegs I ever got back in the early '80's- The Famous 'Destroyer' show from the first night in Cleveland 4-27-77.

The Song Remains the Same

clevleland42777.jpg

984.jpg

989.jpg

In My Time of Dying

cleveland77-press.jpg

Since I've been Loving you or No Quarter

990.jpg

Either the end of Since I've been Loving You or the end of No Quarter

981.jpg

The Battle of Evermore

lz19770427_05.jpg

Kashmir

983.jpg

End of Moby Dick

lz19770427_04.jpg

End of Moby Dick

987.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

986.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

988.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

985.jpg

Achilles Last Stand

lz19770427_03.jpg

This one is either Nobody's Fault but Mine (hard to tell if JPJ's is using his 8-string alembic bass or his 4-string alembic bass) or Rock and Roll

982.jpg

Yea, it probably is.

But it is such a blurry shot and it does look like he is using the harmonica but there is no stand in front of him holding the mic but I have seen him just hold the mic and the harmonica with both hands while playing Nobody's Fault but Mine -Example: this shot from Dortmund 1980

1980-06-18_RP_Sporthalle_Cologne-01.jpg

but then I thought well he is left handed so he might just be holding the mic to mouth. I am gonna go with Nobody's Fault as well. :)

• 7 months later...

Nice to be able to put pictures to one of the all time classic bootleg recordings.

Rumour has it there is an audience recording of this show in existence (want to say I read that over at Steve Hoffman's site)...I'd be curious to hear it just to know what kind of 'Boogie Jam' they played during "No Quarter" (which is, of course, cut out on the soundboard tapes)

Archived