No Thread For Amy?

redrum

Who was she, you mean.

She was a fair-to-middling jazzy chanteuse who got lured into a life of sleazery by her ex-husband, and had been on death-watch for the past 3 or 4 years. Consequently she got adopted as poster-girl by all the angst-ridden teenage chicks, many of whom now think it's really cool to get off their heads on drugs and drink. Also, she looked like a cruel dominatrix out of a Russ Meyer movie.

Who was she, you mean.

She was a fair-to-middling jazzy chanteuse who got lured into a life of sleazery by her ex-husband, and had been on death-watch for the past 3 or 4 years. Consequently she got adopted as poster-girl by all the angst-ridden teenage chicks, many of whom now think it's really cool to get off their heads on drugs and drink. Also, she looked like a cruel dominatrix out of a Russ Meyer movie.

Hi bouillion,

When was the last time you had a record/album go 6 times Platinum in the UK? This, along with multi-platinum status in 5 other countries worldwide?

When is the last time Adele or Lady Gaga said that you helped paved the way for artists like themselves?

Not too bad for a "fair to middling jazzy chanteuse" as you put it.

Those that are spitting out the vitriolic criticism might want to remember that old saying about those who live in glass houses....... missy

Hi bouillion,

When was the last time you had a record/album go 6 times Platinum in the UK? This, along with multi-platinum status in 5 other countries worldwide?

When is the last time Adele or Lady Gaga said that you helped paved the way for artists like themselves?

Not too bad for a "fair to middling jazzy chanteuse" as you put it.

Those that are spitting out the vitriolic criticism might want to remember that old saying about those who live in glass houses....... missy

Hi Missy

I don't think any of my comments were 'vitriolic'. Brad asked who she was, and I gave a synopsis of her as I saw her, a mixture of fact and opinion (i.e. fair-to-middling, and the Russ Meyer bit).

If Brad wants to form his own opinion on her music and appearance, he can check her out on Youtube. If he has any experience of the true greats of the genre within which Amy operated, for example Ella and Billie, he might come to the same conclusion as mine, i.e. that while she was clearly talented, she was not the greatest thing that's hit the scene in the past 50 years.

In these musically impoverished times, true heroes are hard to find, and it is often necessary to resort to idolising those who are notable more for their notoriety than their talent.

Cheers

Bouillon

That's a bit Harsh, I'm sure her Parents would rather have their Daughter back, than her 'Career revived'...

Yeah and unfortunately her poor parents could see this coming for the past 4 years. Like watching a slow motion car crash. It was no surprise to them at all..

Amy Winehouse’s parents have been preparing her funeral for 4-yrs

July 26, 2011 ANI London .

Amy Winehouse’s parents have revealed that they have been preparing her funeral for four years because they had always feared the singer’s drinks and drugs lifestyle would end in tragedy.

Shattered Mitch and Janis Winehouse wrote a graveside speech and picked out her cemetery plot in 2007.

Mitch, 60, who flew back from New York when he heard about his daughter’s death, admitted it was no surprise that they were saying goodbye to their ‘darling girl’.

“I wrote a eulogy for Amy in September 2007,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.

“She’d overdosed, had a seizure and been rushed to hospital. I really thought that could be it. So I wrote the speech,” the distraught father stated.

Winehouse’s pharmacist mum, 56, admitted she asked her daughter where she wanted to be buried back in 2008.

“I steeled myself to ask her what ground she wants to be buried in, which cemetery,” revealed Janis.

“Because I knew the drugs would get her. We watched her kill herself, slowly. I came to terms with her dead a long time ago.

“It was like watching a car crash, this person throwing all these gifts away,” she added

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/others/amy-winehouse%E2%80%99s-parents-have-been-preparing-her-funeral-4-yrs-069

"I wrote a eulogy for Amy in September 2007," the Daily Star quoted him as saying.

http://www.deccanchr...neral-4-yrs-069

Must be True if it was in the 'Daily Star', do you believe everything you read.

Nobody denies she was on the road to Self Destrution, just find it rather 'Bad Taste' to imply her 'career has been Revived by her death'

the Monies that will be generated by her Death are of no use to her. It is not like she has pulled a stunt to give a failing Career a Boost.

Anyone who waste their Life in this fashion, I find it to be Terribly sad, be they Rich or Poor.

Must be True if it was in the 'Daily Star', do you believe everything you read.

Nobody denies she was on the road to Self Destrution, just find it rather 'Bad Taste' to imply her 'career has been Revived by her death'

the Monies that will be generated by her Death are of no use to her. It is not like she has pulled a stunt to give a failing Career a Boost.

Anyone who waste their Life in this fashion, I find it to be Terribly sad, be they Rich or Poor.

If it's false then he should sue the paper for libel.

"Bad taste" or not, it's true. Her career was going nowhere prior to her death. She had been booed off stage and her tour was cancelled. She also did not seem to be satisified with the songs for the new album she was working on.

So sad to see her waste such a promising life.

Archived