Photography

zepps_apprentice

Love your shots Greenman...what lens do you prefer to use? ( I hope I didn't ask already, I'm too lazy to go through all 22 pages)

The main "speical" lens I use is the Canon 10-22mm ultra wide angle, very good for emphazing foreground and capturing big skys.

No but I know the Tokina has a good rep for sharpness, I went with the Canon for the extra range, lighter weight and greater flare resistance. Personallly I'm not sure I would find the 2.8 apature that useful either, ultra wide lenses do have deeper depth of fields but I find that more than ofset by many of the best shots being very close to the foreground so I actually tend to stop down more than at narrower focal lenghts.

Not tried a fisheye yet, always seemed a bit gimmicky to me not really suited to the kind of pics I like to take.

Edited by greenman

I've never tried a fisheye either, same reason you stated, but hell, I figure why not try it out and see what happens.

I used to have the Spiratone screw-on fisheye for my old Nikon. It worked pretty good but added a lot of weight as it was pretty heavy.

It gave the full round 180* circle shot. Never tried a full frame fisheye.

I always remember the fisheye shot in 'Easyrider' when they were in the cemetery.

I used to have the Spiratone screw-on fisheye for my old Nikon. It worked pretty good but added a lot of weight as it was pretty heavy.

It gave the full round 180* circle shot. Never tried a full frame fisheye.

I always remember the fisheye shot in 'Easyrider' when they were in the cemetery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLpJod8nt0

Funny you mention Easy Rider, that's what I was watching today inbetween posts.

The old tree. This is from a section of the tree at the forestry station.

We get some hellacious winds in winter in this part of Washington State.

Click on pic for full size.

post-503-0-85477200-1332798890.jpg

post-503-0-36435800-1332798979.jpg

Edited by redrum