Looking for rare poster

Hey there,

I am looking for the concert poster that was made for the ~ January 22nd, 1973 Southhampton University concert. It shows a couple German storm troopers (one on motorcycle) and a gartered fraulein. I have loved this poster since I was a kid and have never been able to find one.

Can you guys tells me if this has ever been reproduced? Any copies still living?

Many thanks, Don

You're not the only one looking Sandia...everytime I go through the vintage poster section at Amoeba or Rockaway Records, I always look for this one.

This is my second-favourite Led Zeppelin concert poster...the Electric Magic show is my all-time fave! Third would be the November 1969 Fillmore gig poster...could you imagine seeing Led Zeppelin AND Rahsaan Roland Kirk on the same bill?!? You don't need drugs with a line-up like that. :drool:

Anyway, good luck with your search Sandia! :thumbsup:

I have had this poster few times. My favorite Zep poster of all time I think. It is very rare. I actually had Robert Plant's own copy of it, too, which was cool but I sold that as I already had one framed on my wall. Had originally come from Ross Halfin, to a collector in the UK, to me, and now to a collector here in the US. Most of them have creases where they were thrown away but Plant's copy was pristine. Still, I liked the look of mine better, had some character to it with the flaws and all. When you see them in person you will be awed.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I'm always real hesitant on buying Autographed items from E-Bay... You talk to real Autograph dealers and they'll warn you; I know from other bands (such as Pink Floyd and the Grateful Dead) that fakes abound. There are experts that can tell you which of the Beatles secretaries signed the "signed" photos sent out by their Fan Club, and often seen for auction. But the poster itself looks quite authentic...

• 3 weeks later...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.no&sl=no&tl=en&u=http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/04/13/kultur/musikk/utstilling/beatles/21091922/

Speaking of Beatles forgeries, here's a story of Beatles exhibition in Scandanavia where *all* the signatures turned out to be fakes...

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived