For Steve A Jones Please - Possibility Of More 1975 Footage?

barney2EH

Hi Steve

There's lots of Earls Court footage on Youtube not included on the DVD. Lot's of it is very good and the Earls Court stand is often cited as being some of the best gigs of the year. Will Jimmy ever re-master the whole concert for a new DVD release? I know it would be a huge amount of work but he must be doing something with his time. I know it's out there as bootleg. Any other DVD projects in the pipeline?

Nope. The footage on you tube will be from either 24th or 25th May. I may be wrong but no footage of any of the other 3 shows has ever surfaced. The first show suffered from PA problems and the second night is a bit lacklustre. Things improved a bit for the 23rd and it was all systems go for the last 2 nights. If he was to do a DVD it would be taken from the 24th & 25th but to be honest after the "Official DVD" was released with the few Earls Court tracks on it, it was stated that "there's nothing left". I have to say though that the DVD I have of the last night is brilliant - except for a bit of the acoustic set. For all us Brits just to hear Fluff Freeman saying " Good Evening Music lovers" is worth the price of the show alone ??

Hi Steve

There's lots of Earls Court footage on Youtube not included on the DVD. Lot's of it is very good and the Earls Court stand is often cited as being some of the best gigs of the year. Will Jimmy ever re-master the whole concert for a new DVD release? I know it would be a huge amount of work but he must be doing something with his time. I know it's out there as bootleg. Any other DVD projects in the pipeline?

Hello. I can offer my opinion and that is there will never be an official dvd release of the Earls Court concerts. An extraordinary amount of work was required just to salavage and edit the material that was presented on the official Led Zeppelin DVD release in 2003. However,

there are several unofficial Earls Court '75 cd and dvd releases worth seeking out.

As a by the way, the Knebworth '79 masters were in much better condition and as such easier to work. Consequently, at one time it was thought there could be an official Knebworth 1979 25th anniversary dvd release as a follow up to the enormously successful official Led Zeppelin dvd but unfortunately nothing ever came of it (except further unofficial cd & dvd releases).

I have just been through the DVD with the Mother Ship and it has some early tracks on it inckuding the Sydney show that was madw from 2 different days. Quite a feight to accomplish. Also some tracks from the Earls Court that are not on the other DVDs. Worth a look.

Archived