Seeing Lez Zeppelin tonight.

Wolfman

They played roughly two hours and they are one of the best Zeppelin tribute bands I have ever seen. It also helps that they are pretty damn hot (esp, the bassist). I also liked that Steph Paynes, the guitarist, uses all vintage guitars and effects like Page. I think what I liked best is that they improvised a lot. The jams sounded Zeppelin like but they also have their own style. Very loud too. I spoke to them after the show and they are very friendly. My only complaint is that they only played two hours (which is the club's fault due to the stupid DJ that comes on after the gig). They wanted to play longer but it ended right when they really got into to it. I'm trying to remember the setlist:

1. Immigrant Song

2. Out On The Tiles/ Black Dog

3. Over The Hills

3. The Ocean

4. Dazed (best bow solo since Page)

5. TSRTS

6. Going to CA

7. Battle Of Evermore

8. No Quarter (FANTASTIC JAMMING)

9. Kashmir

10. Rock and Roll (with a Moby Dick-like Drum Solo)

11. When The Levee Breaks

If you have a chance, check out Lez Zeppelin. Fantastic!!!

I thought the name was just a clever pun - thought I'd read one of them was married?

I have their first CD, engineered by Eddie Kramer...it's good, but I've always heard that they're better live. Glad to hear you saw a good show, Wolfman. :)

Thanks Melcore.

...Sarcasm? Hard to tell on the 'net. :P

Not sure about the married, thing - that might be wrong, and I suppose they could (depending on location) be married to women - but I should half-correct my other statement: Eddie engineered and produced the album.

Lez Zeppelin is still the only Led Zeppelin "tribute" band I have ever seen.

I saw them a few years ago at the El Rey Theatre. Don't know if it was their old vocalist or the new one; haven't really kept up with their personnel changes. But I have to admit, I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would...and yes, it did help that the band was easy on the eyes. One of the things that has always kept me from seeing Led Zeppelin tribute bands to begin with, was the fact that most of the "Robert Plant"'s looked hideous.

I have their set list from that old El Rey show somewhere...heck, I might have even taped the show. I'll do some digging when I get a chance.

...Sarcasm? Hard to tell on the 'net. :P

Not sure about the married, thing - that might be wrong, and I suppose they could (depending on location) be married to women - but I should half-correct my other statement: Eddie engineered and produced the album.

No sarcasm here. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a group named Led Zed in Liverpool a few years ago ....they were excellent, some of th.em were members of a group called Cat Scratch Fever, and the vocalist sounded just like Plant. I don't know if they are still going or not, but they did an excellent version of Hot Dog Just thought I'd mention it.

Archived