Zeps Superstar Trinity

McSeven

When it comes to Hard Rock and LZ and the instruments and how they played them. When the media fosuses on the best of the best. I noticed that Zep are always in that categorie.

The Best Rock Drumers of note are. Neil Peirt -Rush/Keith Moon-The Who/John Bonham-Led Zeppelin.

The Best Rock Guitarst are Jimmy Page-LZ/Jimi Hendrix-The experiance-Band of Gypseys/Eddie Van Halen-Van Halen

The Best Rock Bassest are Geddy Lee-Rush/JPJ-Led Zeppelin/John Entwitle-The Who

So where does Robert fit it. If there are three great Rock singers with Robert being one of them. Freddie Mercury-Queen. Who would be the third great Rock singer of all time when you encorporate Robert Plant into the mix?

When it comes to Hard Rock and LZ and the instruments and how they played them. When the media fosuses on the best of the best. I noticed that Zep are always in that categorie.

The Best Rock Drumers of note are. Neil Peirt -Rush/Keith Moon-The Who/John Bonham-Led Zeppelin.

The Best Rock Guitarst are Jimmy Page-LZ/Jimi Hendrix-The experiance-Band of Gypseys/Eddie Van Halen-Van Halen

The Best Rock Bassest are Geddy Lee-Rush/JPJ-Led Zeppelin/John Entwitle-The Who

So where does Robert fit it. If there are three great Rock singers with Robert being one of them. Freddie Mercury-Queen. Who would be the third great Rock singer of all time when you encorporate Robert Plant into the mix?

I don't care if he's an asshole, the 3rd place should go to Axl Rose. To me he's up there with Robert and Freddie. People who say otherwise didn't definetly watch them live, or if so, they know what I'm talking about.

I disagree with all the lists and would change them like so.

Guitar-Jimmy Page/Roy Buchanan/Jeff Beck

Drums-John Bonham/Keith Moon/Rick Allen

Bass-John Paul Jones/Rick Grech/Michael Anthony

Vocals-Robert Plant/Elvis Presley/Jim Morrison

His titles always outshine the question, but at least I can comprehend this one.

Singer or front-man ? You can argue that Jagger can't sing, but you can't argue that he's not the most prolific front man in the history of rock.

This would be subject to one's own tastes.

I would put Roger Daltrey in that vocal trio.

He is on my very short list. In fact it was a toss up between him and Morrison and I'm still not confident I made the better choice. Almost too close to cal imo.

Anthony has never blown me away with any of his studio work but I saw The Other Half in concert a few years ago and he played an amazing bass solo. I personally am not a bass fan and I think a bass solo is the worst thing in the history of rock but he was amazing on the bass. He also sang Running With The Devil better than Roth could ever dream of. He has a lot of talent that was never able to come through in Van Halen. It seems like that band has been holding everyone back who is in it except for DLR who couldn't survive without it.

I seem to recall Roth "surviving" quite fine when he went solo. Fast forward to their most recent reunion with him and Van Halen (the band) was pretty much a lost cause prior to Dave rejoining the fold. At that point Dave wasn't exactly topping the charts but he was doing better than VH. That's not saying much but it's not like he needed them in order to survive.

Archived