ace frehley apprication thread

redhairedqueen22

as you guys know, i'm a huge fan of KISS and i idolize and have the world's biggest crush on ace frehley. :blush: his music changed my life forever and for that, i'm forever grateful and thankful. i've looked up to him since i was 13 years old and still going strong to this very day.

I used to have a 1977 Ace Frehley suit and playback to Kiss when I was bout 13 years old. (We took the copying that far that I can still draw Ace's autograph)

He was my favorite Kiss member, and is indeed a very cool guitar player who has inspired thousands of kids to play the guitar.

Still have most old Kiss albums from the original members period and some bootlegs.

Ace was always my favorite member. I just started reading his book "No Regrets". I personally think he is about the only member who brought validity to their music, more than just about the show that is. I want to catch him solo, but he seems to stay around the NY area mostly. Long live Ace! :)

I have been a major Kiss fan since like 1975. Used to draw them all thru elementary school. I dressed up as Gene Simmons for Halloween in 1978-have a pic somewhere. Still have the original dolls from 1978. I have all my old 8 tracks, vinyl and the cd's along with all the bootlegs-audio and video. I also have 3 versions of each Kissology-3 volumes. So 9 all together as you got a extra dvd wherever you bought them.

I wanted to go see them in 1977 and 1979 but parents wouldn't let me. My first concert was the Stray Cats with the Bus Boys opening. haha I did get to see Kiss for free on Galveston island in 1990 and then on their club tour to promote the Revenge cd in 1992. I saw Ace at a clube -2 times. One in 1993 and the other in 1995. The one in 1995 was double healiner show with Peter Criss. Then I saw the reunion tour in 1996. They will always have a soft spot in my heart especially Ace. :D If you haven't gotten his autobiography , you need to- it is a great read.

^ The wife and I flew up to Detroit to see the start of the reunion tour at Tiger Stadium. Alice In Chains opened for them, one of Layne's last shows singing with them. Then saw them later that year in town, had 4th row seats and we dressed up with make up, costumes, etc. It was a wild night! The pyrotechnics were so hot on our faces...Ace's solo during "Shock Me" was a high point, especially when his guitar flew away with the pick-ups on fire! You're right MM, they weren't even close to the same band without him. Saw them on the Animalize tour without the make up, good show but nothing like the reunion shows!

I love this pic with no makeup but in full costume. I think this is from the LA Forum 1977 during a soundcheck for the recording of Alive 2. I have seen another pic like this and he is actually playing and singing into a microphone-couldn't find it again.

AceFrehleyUnmaskedSoundCheck1977.jpg

The Ultimate in Cool

AceSmokin.jpg

Those interview clips are epic. And I recognise Ace's laugh from my lost decade. It is the laugh of the supremely twisted. Sadly, when I met him at the record signing, he wasn't laughing at all. He was just sat slumped in his chair throughout, looking extremely miserable.

I wonder: not that he'd probably want to, but is he allowed by KISS INC. to use his old make-up image in his solo career?

The spaceman make-up rights are owned by (of course) Simmons and Stanley.

• 5 months later...

his music saved me when i was going through a very hard time in my life. i just learned that my grandmother on my mom's side had been diagnoised with cancer, lekucmia to be exact. anyway, i was absoulutely devasted and i started listening to Kiss and ace frehley and i was hooked for life and i knew things were going to be okay. his music saved me again when i was 17 and had fractured my right foot by taking out the garbage and had to be rushed to the hospital and had to be put under, i had a long and hard recovery ahead of me, but the more i listened to ace's music, it made me want to work harder at my recovery time. His music also helped when i was having a tough winter trimester of my senior year in high school. i couldn't wait to get out. On sunday march 22nd, 2009, my grandmother lost her vicious fight with cancer. my family and i were absolutely devasted. i spoke at her funeral and promised to remain a shopaholic in her memory. a month later i met my best friend and fellow frehley sister kelly, she loves ace frehley just as much as i do. his music also helped me celebrate birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, my graduation from high school in 2008. his music also helped me when somebody i went to middle and high school with stabbed me in the back one too many times, his name was branden day. he made my life in high school a living hell. one day in july of 2009, i was talking to kelly, and he interruppted my chat with kelly and needless to say, he was a major pain in my a**. he did not come to my grandmother's wake or her funeral, he did not send a sympathy card, flowers, or call me to say he was sorry to hear about the passing of my grandmother. he also wasn't there for me when my dog joxer had to be put to sleep. he basically treated me like dog shit during the last 3 years of my high school career and around the time of my grandmother's passing. i was friends with him from 6th grade to high school graduation. it all started towards the end of my sophmore year of high school, he bothered me with the prom/winter formal talk, and it really annoyed me to no end this prom/winter formal battle went on through my junior and senior year of high school. i poured my heart and soul into that friendship and he didn't pull a single inch of his share during that friendship i was pissed big time and i knew what i had to do for the sake of my well-being. i kicked that a**hole to the curb and told him if he ever comes near me or my family again, i wil kick his a** . ace frehley's music opened my eyes and made me see that i didn't deserve that kind of treatment at all. i deserved so much better. i told him to stay away from me and my family or else. it got to be so bad that i had to change my last name on facebook and myspace. ace frehley's music made me want to work a little bit harder, made me all the more wiser, smarter in my choices in my life, toughter, and stronger, made me learned a little bit faster, and made my skin a little bit thicker. like me, ace had his share of hard times too. but me and him manged to come out on top. me and ace have a lot of things in common. i'm dutch, indian, and german, he's dutch, indian, and german. he and i both have brown eyes. my natural haircolor is brown. my mom has dark brown hair. his natural haircolor also is dark brown. we're both stubborn, we both love pizza, chinese food, we've both dyed our hair. ace was a smoker. my dad and younger brother are smokers. my mom used to smoke, but she quit a few years ago. ace had beautiful hair in the seventies that i always wanted to run my fingers through. he had a slizzling hot bod that the ladies would just die for. i would love to drown in ace's beatuiful brown eyes for days. he has an amazing sense of humor that you want to laugh right along with him. he also has a fabulous millon dollar smile that bring a girl like me to her knees and of course that sexy million dollar ass that is begging to be pinched and squeezed and that awesome guitar playing, i could listen to him play that gorgeous les paul all night long and have me wishing that i was one of his guitars and tune me anytime that he wants. thank you ace! your music changed my life and made me the fabulous person that i am today. i love you

xoxo, your biggest #1 fan for life, jessica

Ace was always my favorite member. I just started reading his book "No Regrets". I personally think he is about the only member who brought validity to their music, more than just about the show that is. I want to catch him solo, but he seems to stay around the NY area mostly. Long live Ace! :)

Walter, I've been tempted to grab the book. Have you finished it? Just wondering if you can make a short review?..cheers

• 4 weeks later...

i love his book no regrets. my favorite part was that his father was an awesome bowler and an amazing pool player

i almost forgot one other part was that his dad once told him once beat the pool champion of west virgina in a game of pool and he also told him that he had a high run of 149 in pool. i also loved the part where he "roadied" for jimi hendrix's final new york apperance and that he once "roadied" for a greatful dead gig

i almost forgot one other part was that his dad was an awesome bowler rarely bowled, but when he did, he nailed it. he even had his own ball and shoes and a couple of textbooks forms that helped him throw a couple of perfect bowling scores of 300 and that his dad also was an amazing pool player and he once told him that he once beat the pool champion of west virgina in a game of pool and he also told him that he had a high run of 149 in pool. that's 10 racks without missing a shot

i also loved the part where he "roadied" for jimi hendrix's final new york apperance and that he once did some roadie work at a another festival three weeks after the new york pop festival took place and he saw a greatful dead gig

• 1 year later...

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Ace Frehley performed on last night's edition of "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". The former Kiss guitarist sat in with the house band "The Roots" for the program's entirety. Prior to the show, Frehley performed "New York Groove" with The Roots for "The Tonight Show" audience.

http://youtu.be/DikmVoyjkU0

Archived