Isaac...I see a bad moon arising

jabe

Praying for your families Debs and RH! :angel: What makes this one so bad is how slow it is moving and nearly stationary. It actually backed into the gulf last night, at one point after making landfall. The wind and storm surge are quite bad, but with such slow movement, most areas of Lousiana and states north will receive 18+ inches of rain. Hard to comprehend.

Edited by SuperDave

Update: Im sending this from my wifes phone. This is my only means of communication. Power has been out since 4:00 this morning. Running a few utilities off of a generator. This storm is causing more damage to my home than previous hurricanes in some ways. I have two trees down in my backyard with one leaning on the powerpole that is treatening powerlines and the other is close to taking out my side fence that is equally my neighbors. My left front entrance fence/gate is ripped out of the ground by the poles. The phone and Internet cables are pulled from the house. Had about 8" of water in yard and rising. The thing that made this hurricane so devastating was the extremely slow pace of it and the constant pounding wind and bands of rain. The wind here was blowing at 80-90 mph. Didn't sleep yet with the constant noise outside. Sounded like the wind was going to bust through the door and windows at any time. Hard to believe this was a cat.1. I cant emphasize how much this hurricane has caught us by surprise. The only good thing as of now is there is no water in house,knock on wood. I have alot of work ahead of me as far as clean up and repair. No telling when the power will be back on. Could be tomorrow or up to 5 days. Here with all my pets, wife, teenage son and 2 month old baby boy. All being good sports. Wanted to say thanks to the few who took the time to write in with the good thoughts,wishes, prayers, etc. That means alot and goes a long way with me and anyone else dealing with this. Just hoping that the worst of the damage is over. Will attempt another status update when possible. Thanks again for the thoughts. They are appreciated.

Edited by Rock Historian

Rock H, I am thinking of you and your family as you go through this trying time. We experienced Tropical Storm Allison here that was also a very slow moving storm that flooded half the city back in 2001 so I feel for all of you. It was good to hear that all you and your family are in one piece. Keep up the good spirits, this storm shall pass today.

BTW, congrats on your little guy! Did you name him Jimmy Robert John Bonham? :P

Many thanks for the update Rock Historian. Was worried about you. Seems your have quite a bit of damage. but as you said it was the near stationary pace of this storm that made it so bad. We had Irene here in the NYC/CT area near to the date last year with 65-80 mph winds. Didn't last quite as long as what you had. Probably had Trop. storm winds for about 15-18 hours. The wind was the problem up here for that storm. Remember. losing power on a Sunday at around 10 am and not getting it back until Wednesday around 10 pm.

Little tree damage in my yard, just some small limbs amazingly. My neighbors on the otherhand was completely different. Lot of trees down in their yards with some having several and across power lines andin the street, on roofs etc.

Connecticut Light and Power did a real shitty job in restoration of power. Very slow and caught a lot of slack for this. For good reason and typical gov't bureaucracy, No surprise.

Will keep in touch and hope everything ends up for the best!!!!!

We finally got power back on where I am staying...

What a wild few days it has been!!

Cell service, even texting has been unavailable!

Looks like I won't be going home for a few days.

I hope our camp (home) survived, praying for all who are displaced and all who have damages or lost their homes! ?

It's dull & overcast here today. They're forecasting heavy rain, and it's also kind of windy.

Please pray for us.

^You see, these are the kind of unwanted, insensitive, comments that make you so un-liked here. (And your proud of it) Was it really necessary for you to stop by and MOCK someone, or a small group during a potential threat to their house and livelyhood, during a hurricane/natural disaster?

I don't have to tell you what an asshole you are. I think your well aware of it, as even most of your "friends" here already recognize.

This notes for you-

http://youtu.be/f5TV4tmbjbE

Edited by Rock Historian