Isaac...I see a bad moon arising

jabe

All our gulf coasters and inlanders, stay safe!

NOLA just declared a state of emergency. Who knows where it will land, hopefully it won't strengthen much in the open gulf, but I don't feel too good about what's in store.

The models are predicting different paths.

Best to all in its vicinity.

It's supposed to be a strong category 1 when it makes landfall Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning. We are staying home, but I do have a gas generator ready to go with a few extention cords, etc, incase we lose power for a few hours or longer. That's my only concern (and my wifes). We have lots of animals and a newborn baby. Also, I have a tree (my neighbors) that leans over into my backyard that's a good 60-70 ft. It's been through storms of this kind and better before-but I'm a little concerned that in due time it will fall or break. I've been meaning to ask him about going in half to cut it down a little, so it's not a threat to powerlines, etc. I think at best, this will end up being a strong tropical storm. It took me 4 attempts to find a gas station that had gas yesterday and another hour of waiting for it in line...crazy.

Plan for the worst.

Your talking to someone who's been through Katrina..and lost 90% of what I ever owned. This (Isaac) is predicted no where near. Prepare for the worst...? Yes, I'm prepared, but I hope your not wishing it on anyone.....from that false pic you posted ;)

Your talking to someone who's been through Katrina..and lost 90% of what I ever owned. This (Isaac) is predicted no where near. Prepare for the worst...? Yes, I'm prepared, but I hope your not wishing it on anyone.....from that false pic you posted ;)

Rock,did I say that? I hope you and your family and critters make it though,.....

Best,KB

Rock,did I say that? I hope you and your family and critters make it though,.....

Best,KB

We will make it okay KB. :) I'm not really all that worried about it to the point of being nervous or stressed, but I am prepared (for the worst) as you say. After Katrina, I don't play around. But to clear up your original post..it's only predicted as a 1 with 75mph winds max (that's the peak mph for a category 1 storm/hurricane) and it's not supposed to be even that strong (as of lately). If I ever had to evacuate again, I'd have to rent a fuckin' U-haul truck! and I'm not doing that for this one! LOL

We will make it okay KB. :) I'm not really all that worried about it to the point of being nervous or stressed, but I am prepared (for the worst) as you say. After Katrina, I don't play around. But to clear up your original post..it's only predicted as a 1 with 75mph winds max (that's the peak mph for a category 1 storm/hurricane) and it's not supposed to be even that strong (as of lately). If I ever had to evacuate again, I'd have to rent a fuckin' U-haul truck! and I'm not doing that for this one! LOL

Hope you and the rest are safe!Take care of that tree!

The weather-weenies,what can I say,they predict and impose the numbers,...

I-10 West looks like a parking lot on the news reports... I really think that Wednesday being the 7 yr Katrina anniversary has worked on a lot of people's nerves so more people than normal are leaving... Also most schools are out until Wed. so it makes a good get-away if you can afford it

I am hanging tough in Metairie,(metro New Orleans area) we will probably lose power there but it will be better than at my home, where we live right on the bayou and we sometimes get water just on a stiff east wind!

Stay safe peeps!!

It really is strange to think I was packing this time 7 years ago and tomorrow morning leaving a city that upon return no longer looked like my city. I hope all of our fellow Forum members in the area stay safe. My entire family is in New Orleans or the surrounding area and I have been on the phone with them a lot today and will be tomorrow. What scares me about Isaac is the amount of rain and wind it looks like it's going to create.

It really is strange to think I was packing this time 7 years ago and tomorrow morning leaving a city that upon return no longer looked like my city. I hope all of our fellow Forum members in the area stay safe. My entire family is in New Orleans or the surrounding area and I have been on the phone with them a lot today and will be tomorrow. What scares me about Isaac is the amount of rain and wind it looks like it's going to create.

Ms. Deb,

Yep, they are talking a 20+ inches rain event maybe and tonight it has slowed down.

Ughgh, let's hope some dry air gets sucked into it!

And.... As a side note: if Bob Breck (local weatherman) refers to himself in the 3rd person as "the little guy" one more time I will scream!!! LOL!!!!

I imagine most of you will be too busy preparing to survive the hurricane to be checking the board, but I'm wishing all of you Bayou peeps good luck. I'm crossing my fingers and keeping you in my thoughts Deborah, justawoman, Bayougal65, Rock Historian, jabe, and anyone else down there in the path of the storm.

Good luck to you guys up in Louisiana and the vicinity! We had a lot of rain down here in FL, but the wind, etc. wasn't anything for us. Hope everything works fine out for everyone!!!

BTW, CONGRATS ROCK HISTORIAN, on your new addition to the family. You had told me he was coming, but I didn't know your wife delivered already.....my best to you and your family! :)

Peace.

To all in the path of Issac, I am thinking of you. I hope that it gets the hell out of there ASAP! Having experienced a few tropical storms and hurricanes here on the Texas Gulf Coast, my wish for you is the safety for you and your family. And that you can get back to your day to day life very soon.

Just read where Madisonville, LA is 12 feet underwater and it's still rising. The storm is only moving at 6 mph, so it is not even close to being finished as far as rain/wind goes. Hope our fellow Zepheads there are fairing well! :(

Archived