NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

Almost time for the start of a pivotal Game 3. I'm feeling a bit anxious & excited at the same time...

basketball-player-dribble-smiley-emotico

I thought the game was on Wed? This is a huge game. You know all the talk about who wins game 3 after a split. But I do not think the loser tonight is dead. Either of these teams could bounce back

^^ I'm not on the ledge yet. Heat lose Game 4, then it's all over, you can book the fat lady.

HUGE HUGE game tonight. I just do not know. A friend called me wanting info on my off shore accounts saying he was going to lay down big money on the game. I assumed Miami. He says San Anton but I do not know if I believe him. No way would I bet against Miami tonight because they are so desperate and they are going against a battle tested team that has won it all several times, BUT, yes the big BUT is the age factor. Advantage Miami. If I didn't hate the fuckers I might actually bet them. But this game is a tough call. I am sitting it out. I just have a gut feeling Miami finds a way

What happened? I was watching my Orioles. ARe you trying to get under PAULS SKIN?

No, just rooting them on. I do not like the Heat, especially since James and Bosh joined them. You're probably right, the Heat should take it from here.....

No, just rooting them on. I do not like the Heat, especially since James and Bosh joined them. You're probably right, the Heat should take it from here.....

I did not see the game and do not know how they won? Was San Anton missing their shots? Bad at the line? Come on Mr Caruthers. Lets get some damn info posted. LOL. If its a case of the age thing, they could bounce back. If San Anton wins the next one, its a toss up

^^ You don't know how the Heat won?!? You mean you still have not heard about that monster game from D-Wade, Lebron with 33, Bosh with 20, Ray Allen with 14 off the bench, plus 41 rebounds by the Heat & 19 turnovers by the Spurs. I think that pretty much sums up how the Heat won.

Agreed, Strider....and they did it! Still not convinced they will go back to Miami and win one more though.

So, what's up with this whole Boston/Clippers/Lakers trade talk involving Doc Rivers, Blake Griffin, Dwight "Big Pussy" Howard, etc. Strider?

It's going to be remembered as a terrific Finals, no matter who wins. Of course I hope it's the Heat, but I'll be proud of the boys no matter what happens.

The Miami Heat have one edge. Youth. The Spurs have one too. Coaching. Popovich is the better coach easily. One has to wonder what he has up his sleeve, he had to figure Miami would force a game 7 and he will pull out all the stops. Duane Wade could be the key? Or maybe one of San Antonio's bench players? Or Ginobli? Or Parker? To me its a coin flip. San Antonio is here not because they had the most talent, but because they had the better coaching. Memphis looked horrible against them. Game 7 is too tough to call in my book

I wouldn't shortchange Erik Spoelstra in the coaching department. I know people will say, well he's got the Big Three so of course he's winning, but talent alone doesn't win you rings, just look at the Clippers. Spoelstra should be the coach of the year in my book.

No way dude. Not with Lebron and Wade. No way. Coach of the year, Golden St coach, hands down.

1978 the Washington Bullets defeated the Seattle Supersonics in game 7, the last road team to win a game 7, some 35 years ago. I was around in those days. I guess it was just before that the Washington Bullets moved from Baltimore. The old Baltimore Bullets with Wesley Unseld and Earl "the pearl" Monroe. I do believe the Golden St Warriors with Rick Barry, one of my two all time favorites with Jerry West, beat the Bullets to win their title. And with no traditional big Center. Unheard of in those days. Back then you had Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem, still the two best Centers of all time. Maybe time will catch up with the Heat and the Spurs can pull off this feat?

The Spurs expended a lot of energy in Game 6, but so did the Heat. Game 7 could go either way, or it could be a blowout & go down as one of those forgettable Game 7's. You know which way I'm leaning, the Heat don't have a true center either, so 2 championships in 2 years would be a great accomplishment.

The Spurs expended a lot of energy in Game 6, but so did the Heat. Game 7 could go either way, or it could be a blowout & go down as one of those forgettable Game 7's. You know which way I'm leaning, the Heat don't have a true center either, so 2 championships in 2 years would be a great accomplishment.

I cannot imagine a blowout. I expect a nail biter. I am going on a hunch, San Anton finds a way.