NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

This game is on the streak contest list. IE, you have a chance to pick the winner. They only put games on there that seem to be apparent "locks" but in fact are traps. This could be a trap. Its no damn sure thing when you get to game 7 Mr Caruthers. Let the Wild Turkey flow

^^ No wild Turkey for me, I'm just hoping the role players show up tonight; Battier, Ray Allen, Chalmers, Haslem, and your boy Birdman. I need something to pick me up after the Mets disaster over the weekend.

If Indiana can pull the upset I am going to pick up some good money. If they just cover Ill win a bit

Well, turns out you had nothing to worry about Paul...your Heat smoked their asses. So much for Rick taking Indiana and the 7 points.

Should be an interesting series versus San Antonio. I'm not sure what to make of the matchups and all, but I am rooting for the Spurs. I like Popovich.

Agreed! I knew it would be a very tough task to beat the Heat in Miami to take that series. I'm with you Strider, Spurs all the way! They will probably lose game 1 due to rustiness, but I am taking the Spurs in 6 (hopefully). I think it's probably more wishful thinking than anything else.

Well, turns out you had nothing to worry about Paul...your Heat smoked their asses. So much for Rick taking Indiana and the 7 points.

Should be an interesting series versus San Antonio. I'm not sure what to make of the matchups and all, but I am rooting for the Spurs. I like Popovich.

Agreed! I knew it would be a very tough task to beat the Heat in Miami to take that series. I'm with you Strider, Spurs all the way! They will probably lose game 1 due to rustiness, but I am taking the Spurs in 6 (hopefully). I think it's probably more wishful thinking than anything else.

I totally disagree with your take. I say San Antonio has a huge advantage in game one due to the 7 game fight Miami had. I think San Antonio needs to win game one to win

I guess the old rest vs. playing debate will come up again, win or lose for the Spurs. I think the Spurs have had 9 days off between the end of their series & the start of game 1 of the finals. Rust could be a factor; it's a different sport but looked what happened to the Detroit Tigers when they had almost a week between the end of the ALCS & the start of the World Series. Miami's sharp & hopefully will be on top of their game Thursday. Go Heat! :cheer:

I guess the old rest vs. playing debate will come up again, win or lose for the Spurs. I think the Spurs have had 9 days off between the end of their series & the start of game 1 of the finals. Rust could be a factor; it's a different sport but looked what happened to the Detroit Tigers when they had almost a week between the end of the ALCS & the start of the World Series. Miami's sharp & hopefully will be on top of their game Thursday. Go Heat! :cheer:

But it could take a game for them to get their heads into the series vs a far different type opponent who has had the chance to sit back and watch them on TV and analyze their style. Popovich is a good coach and he will already have an idea on matchups and attack strategies. He will have a bit of an advantage over Miami's coach as he has been able to analyze while Miami had to fight Indiana to the brink. I say San Anton wins game one.

After waiting for what seems like an eternity, Game 1 of the NBA Finals is almost here! Will the 9 day layoff hurt the Spurs; Will the Heat bring the same intensity in Game 1 that they had in game 7 vs. the Pacers? It's hard for me to imagine a team can bring that kind of intensity night after night for a 7 game series, you'll be worn out before game 3. I see this series going the distance. Heat in seven.

:cheer:

After waiting for what seems like an eternity, Game 1 of the NBA Finals is almost here! Will the 9 day layoff hurt the Spurs; Will the Heat bring the same intensity in Game 1 that they had in game 7 vs. the Pacers? It's hard for me to imagine a team can bring that kind of intensity night after night for a 7 game series, you'll be worn out before game 3. I see this series going the distance. Heat in seven.

:cheer:

The guru's at CBS sportsline like San Antonio to win this thing. I am not sure. Their age to me is their biggest enemy. But if they can pull out one last gasp of energy, they know how to win. They could be Lebron's worst nightmare. Certainly a tougher test than they have faced in the East. I still think San Anton has a big advantage in game one due to the 7 game series. MY money is down on San Anton in game one. I went light.

There's a part of me that's worried the Heat will come out a little flat tonight. They do have a tendency to fall asleep for a few quarters & then turn it on, but can you do that against the Spurs & survive? I guess we'll find out in about 30 minutes... :unsure:

There's a part of me that's worried the Heat will come out a little flat tonight. They do have a tendency to fall asleep for a few quarters & then turn it on, but can you do that against the Spurs & survive? I guess we'll find out in about 30 minutes... :unsure:

I will be flippin, but I must give more of my attention to baseball. 13-13 as I type. Looks like it may be a shootout. 15-13.

And Hockey

Archived