NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

David Stern is having nightmares right now. The Western Conference is already guaranteed to send a ratings dud to the Finals...San Antonio has been part of several of the lowest-rated Finals in history and Memphis wouldn't be an improvement.

Now he has Indiana giving Miami fits in the East. Stern is praying the Heat make it thru to the Finals. I'm not one who believes in referee conspiracies, but you better believe that those who do will be watching every Miami-Indiana game very closely and parsing every call that goes against the Pacers for proof that the League is trying to get Miami into the Finals.

That is a damn shame if its happening. I do believe there have been some very suspicious calls in sports lately. Making one wonder if there are pay offs? Why not? Why is it so far fetched? Belechek was caught. Its hard to get caught.

Paul will be shitting his pants today no doubt because I think its going to be a nail biter. I like the Pacers to put a scare into them and win today. Bouncing back to win after that heart breaking loss in game one shows one that this team is not going to quit. Most including myself probably thought they would get rolled in game two after they blew the opportunity in game one. Did not happen. Miami is in for a fight, and I agree the finals is going to be low rated if its Indiana and San Anton. I am quite shocked Memphis is down 3-0. Fucking Del Negro.

No shitting of my pants Rick, Miami handled the Pacers rather handily, much to my pleasant surprise. smiley-dance013.gif Udonis Haslem was the man, Chalmers had a great game as well. Still a little worried about Allen & Battier struggling from the 3 point line, but the Heat did not need the 3 point shot tonight, although I got to think they are going to need it at some point in this series. Great victory tonight.

My god man this is the season from hell.

Duncan tying Kobe's ring count... or ..Lebron cementing his I'm-the-best-ever-along-with-MJ-(kareem/wilt/russell/magic-who?) ESPN cred?

Pacers.... you're generally inconsequential, howabout being awesome and making a boring ass all-midwest finals? Take that Stern! Take it and like it!!!!

........and Dwightmare Pt 2!

My god man this is the season from hell.

Duncan tying Kobe's ring count... or ..Lebron cementing his I'm-the-best-ever-along-with-MJ-(kareem/wilt/russell/magic-who?) ESPN cred?

Pacers.... you're generally inconsequential, howabout being awesome and making a boring ass all-midwest finals? Take that Stern! Take it and like it!!!!

........and Dwightmare Pt 2!

Good gawd...sound the alarm! He's back. Talk about a blast from the past. Who knew the Big Klu was still lurking about? Has the Angel's disastrous season so disillusioned you that you've come back to these forums in a daze, Klu?

Back on topic. ESPN is such a joke...they've already got an article up in their "Insider" section on their website asking if the "Miami Heat is the best team ever?" Really? After winning exactly one title, who in their right mind would rank them among the best ever, let alone say they were the best.

I guess I am pulling for San Antonio by default. Not that I want Duncan and the Spurs to tie Kobe and the Lakers. But I hate the Heat much more than the Spurs. Makes you laugh about all this talk about the old Spurs...here they get another long week off to rest up for the next series.

Paul, it would be ironic if it turns out that the one team you feared, the NY Knicks, would have been better for your Heat to face than Indiana.

Well yea, the lesser evil are the democra spurs.

I can handle a classy org and bland as hell Duncan getting props, at least they could never string 2 in a row but i cant deal with the heat. When the bulls killed their shot at the 72 lakers' streak, that was an awesome day. Seriously, everything i could ever hate about basketball is in or about the Heat. douchey flop-happy, wannabe Alphas joining forces with a celtic-ring chaser? oooh YEeeeah!

....the knicks have melo, of course they were gonna lose :huh:

hahaaaaapretty much every LA team has had a disastrous season! Including the Kings anti-jinx

Del Negro fucked us out of a great finals. Paul at least is a leader. The Clippers lost because of coaching, not talent. They will be back and next year I will likely get my Clippers/Heat final. San Anton has alot of expeience and Lebron will not intimidate them. So they could be a handfull for sure. Its likely the last hurragh for Duncan and Parker. No doubt about it. Its a miracle to me they made it and will get one more kick at the can.

There's still one, maybe 2 more games with the Pacers, I don't want to put the Heat in the Finals before they actually get there, but yeah the Spurs will be a tough test for sure. Maybe if the Clippers had a Greg Popovich coaching them they would be in the hunt. Of course, that little Westbrooke injury with OKC helped matters too, don't think the Spurs would have rolled a 100% percent Thunder the way they handled Memphis.

Don't forget MANU GINOBLI Rick! It's the last hurrah for him along with Duncan and Parker. It's been fun charting the ever expanding bald spot on Ginobli's head over the years. One of my favourite players to watch, period.

Bitch about Del Negro's coaching all you want(I warned you months ago that his coaching would be tested in the playoffs), but it wasn't Del Negro who got punked by Zach Randolph. If Blake Griffin hadn't been such a pussy and abused by Randolph, maybe the Clippers would have beaten Memphis. What really has to be galling for Clipper fans is how after Randolph made Griffin his bitch, Zach promptly came up a zero against San Antonio. The Spurs totally annihilated Randolph. If the Clippers had shown that sort of toughness and resolve, who knows what could have been.

I wouldn't bet on next year for the Clippers just yet...much depends on who they hire as coach and if Chris Paul stays.

Don't forget MANU GINOBLI Rick! It's the last hurrah for him along with Duncan and Parker. It's been fun charting the ever expanding bald spot on Ginobli's head over the years. One of my favourite players to watch, period.

Bitch about Del Negro's coaching all you want(I warned you months ago that his coaching would be tested in the playoffs), but it wasn't Del Negro who got punked by Zach Randolph. If Blake Griffin hadn't been such a pussy and abused by Randolph, maybe the Clippers would have beaten Memphis. What really has to be galling for Clipper fans is how after Randolph made Griffin his bitch, Zach promptly came up a zero against San Antonio. The Spurs totally annihilated Randolph. If the Clippers had shown that sort of toughness and resolve, who knows what could have been.

I wouldn't bet on next year for the Clippers just yet...much depends on who they hire as coach and if Chris Paul stays.

Well if they let Chris Paul slip away,, that would be a killer. If he goes anywhere, I hope its Golden St

Hey Paul! No Chris "Bird" Andersen for today's game 6...are you worried?

Rick and I don't agree on much, but I am with him on this: The Bird is the biggest eyesore in the NBA. His tattoos give me a headache.

^^ The Birdman, just one more reason for people to hate on the Heat. :D It may be a bit of a blow losing Andersen, he's a valuable contributor off the bench, blocking shots & grabbing rebounds plus spelling some of the starters who get into foul trouble. But I don't think it's enough to cost Miami the game. Heat should close it out tonight.

^^ The Birdman, just one more reason for people to hate on the Heat. :D It may be a bit of a blow losing Andersen, he's a valuable contributor off the bench, blocking shots & grabbing rebounds plus spelling some of the starters who get into foul trouble. But I don't think it's enough to cost Miami the game. Heat should close it out tonight.

What happened to the freakazoid? Was he held up at the tatoo parlor? He is along for the ride. Cant take San Anton lightly but their age is my concern. But they know how to win.

The silence from Paul Caruthers is deafening!!! Its going to game 7!!!! YIKES!!!! The last thing a big favorite like the Heat ever want to see is a game 7. You must give these Pacers credit for character. There is no quit in them. And they are going to be coming on all cylinders with a nothing to lose mentality. The Heat? They will likely have needles in their stomachs. Visions of the press the next day and the media circus that will ensemble should they find a way to not get it done. Its just plain scary. So scary that Paul is in hibernation. And that takes some doing.

^^ Game 7 is in Miami. That's all I really need to say. The Heat will show up & seal the deal and if they don't you can ride my ass from here to eternity. I wanted the Pacers & it looks like I may have to choke on it. smiley-sad006.gif

I think Ill pass on riding your ass to eternity. I think I would prefer Sharon Stone or Michelle Pfeiffer.

Neither of whom are available. Will you settle for the Birdman's?

No. I wonder what brand of beer will be available at the Caruthers house tonight? My guess is Wild Turkey. LOL. Oh yeah, that is not beer. But it will be on tap tonight. I can hear his knees knockin from upstate NY. Took the points. Indiana plus 7,. Are you kidding?

Archived