New album? Coda's Bonus track?

Xavi

In a local news, said that Led Zeppelin will release a documental (could be Celebration Day), and also said that they're going to release un released songs.

I think it could be a Coda bonus track, but, if it was a new album?

They told some lies (for example, said that the group is separated because of fighting egos), but I heard some hearsay about that.

Well Dave Lewis commented back when the edited Concert File book was published that they had found some interesting things when culling through the Vaults.

I suspect most of the outtake and alt take material would be from '69-'73. Remember that PG included some stuff that they had started working on as early as '70!

I don't expect much from Presence due to the speed of the sessions. We already got an expanded TSRTS. The outtakes from ITTOD wound up on Coda. Maybe will get some longer endings, different solos, etc...

Still, with PG and Coda using up a LOT of archive material at the time I'm not hopeful for anything incredible. Maybe just some professional recordings of material we already have on bootlegs... and a new nugget or three to keep us guessing :)

I always hoped for a chronological reissue to add the outtakes back to the album or year they were recorded in. Not likely to happen, that.

In a local news, said that Led Zeppelin will release a documental (could be Celebration Day), and also said that they're going to release un released songs.

I think it could be a Coda bonus track, but, if it was a new album?

They told some lies (for example, said that the group is separated because of fighting egos), but I heard some hearsay about that.

Here's a tip that might help. When it comes to Led Zeppelin news, your local news outlet is NOT going to get it before this website. There is a News section on this site, as well as the Forum, where Sam promptly posts any authentic, official news and announcements.

Any other rumours and conjecturing you hear or see on the news or blogs is mere mental masturbation.

Oh, Christ! Release something new already!

I'll be honest, I had doubts about whether it was a good idea for Zeppelin to do something new in the studio...but that was BEFORE I've seen and heard Celebration Day! Sweet Mother of Mercy! THEY FCKING NAILED IT! Some of the songs like Kashmir, Whole Lotta Love etc they managed to play even better than they had done on the original records!!!

I mean, come on! Forget about reunion tours, it aint gonna happen, but I can't understand WHY NOT do something together with Jason in the Studio? Everybody's doing it, Black Sabbath, The Sones and their Doom and Gloom\One More Shot..... Would it hurt Plant that much to record his vocal parts at his own home studio sessions whenever he feels like he's up to it?

Celebration Day was a huge surprise almost a shock for me, and it PROVED that not only do they still rock, but they do it better than everyone else on the rock scene nowadays!

Nice post Neon...I feel the same way ..what better way than to to kill it at one great live show then leave their legacy that way..as for the studio...only if they have something really fresh...Jason was the nicest surprise in the 07 show to me....unlike Phil Collins in 85 he looked like he belonged and played like it. Son Of Thunder indeed!

Said it before and I'll say it again. Im FAR more interested in what they could do with a new studio album rather than a massive world tour. Thats something thats fesible IMO. I can get the reluctance to do a tour. It would be tough at their age (thats not a joke btw).

But on the other it would be cool to see what they could come up with in studio after all these years and all they've learned. Could be very interesting.

Exactly! That's what I'm saying!

I mean, given the fact that we all know how painstakingly good Jimmy is at recording and producing stuff...Celebration Day is yet another sheer proof of that!

I really believe that not only they can still do it, but they can come up with something absolutely amazing! It could've been like a cherry on the top of the cake!

Exactly! That's what I'm saying!

I mean, given the fact that we all know how painstakingly good Jimmy is at recording and producing stuff...Celebration Day is yet another sheer proof of that!

I really believe that not only they can still do it, but they can come up with something absolutely amazing! It could've been like a cherry on the top of the cake!

Yep. I use the Beach Boys as an example (I know, The Beach Boys?) A group who were thought to have "jumped the shark" many years ago and incapable of producing anything of substance in the studio anymore. In fact since the late 70's most of their albums were the butt of jokes and viewed as mostly lame by many critics and fans alike.

But recently they went back into the studio with a new determination and work ethic and produced what is largely seen as their best album in decades. Its a critical success with both fans and critics and charted at #3 on billboards top 100 (The Beach Boys best charting since the mid 60's).

It just shows that it can be done with determination and WORK and a willingness to do so. Can you imagine what could happen if these four guys got into a studio and really put their heads together? I would say some amazing music might come out of it!

Word! You see, it's not like I'm naive or disinformed or something... I for one know the meaning of disappointment when I hear my favourite bands like Nazareth, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, etc keep on releasing new stuff on a regular basis...but they fucking suck!!!! DAMN IT! =( Their best works have already been made... What they are doing by that, is just ruining their heritage...they should just let go...

That's why I was skeptical about Led Zepplin too, but I'll repeat it once again, AFTER I heard Celebration Day...I couldn't stop thinking what these guys are capable of doing in the studio if they'd take the risk...